Feb. 15th WT - WT Society says DFed Ones are Lawless- Just Like Demons

by flipper 217 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

TASTING FREEDOM- Isn't it incredible the things the WT society finds acceptable ( like breaking up family's and not reporting child abuse ) - yet they find UNACCEPTABLE people saving their lives by blood transfusions ? It's incredible.

MARY- It is very sad that people like Gumby had to sacrifice things they believed within them to appease people who have kicked them when down. I understand why some have to do it - yet it doesn't make it any easier to do.

BENNYK- Exactly. In the secret " star chambers " as you said- we NEVER know what really goes on that makes elders DF people. One person may get off, another may get DFed. It's usually contingent on how good they kiss up to the elders.

IM STUCK IN- I agree. It's getting to the boiling point in my opinion also. WT society is desperate to keep their " end game " going so they become MORE controlling to dominate JW's intruding into their personal lives- including WHO they associate with. I agree- let the lawsuits begin.

REOPENED MIND - WT society certainly DOES change the meanings of words indeed. Look at what they did to the word " generation " - they virtually created a NEW definition for it ! They are doing the same thing to " lawless " here in this article. These articles make my blood boil too. WT society has NO right telling people to associate or not with DFed relatives. Thats good your husband recommended JW's to get professional counseling. He sounded like he was a caring elder.

SATANUS- Good point. Inquiring about science and life is a good thing !

WILL POWER- Unbelievable - exactly my sentiments.

MR FREEZE- Wow. An elder told you reading apostates teachings was like talking to the demons ? Intense ! Problem is- the demons are in Bethel ! LOL 1 Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• nolongerwaiting
    nolongerwaiting

**groan**

NLW's wife

• carla
    carla

Is it my imagination or do they seem to take this course every year around this time? They seem to gear up for the month of April and the reject Jesus memorial and time of sanctimonious self righteousness? Like in Nov they have a campaign to give all your worldly belongings to the wt in your will? Wait 'till summer and before the dc's and they all become complacent for awhile. It all seems to come and go in cycles that jw's themselves are unable to see. At least to me it appears that way, a long repetitive series of cycles. A series of seasons of complacement and zeal interspersed with short bursts of 'I don't give a shit' only to be replaced with a renewed short lived zeal.

• ablebodiedman
    ablebodiedman

I guess being lawless depends entirely on who a person thinks makes the laws!

Who do I think makes the law?

Jesus Christ!

Here is a law or command from Jesus Christ:

Luke21:7-8

" He said: "Look out that YOU are not misled; for many will come on the basis of my name, saying, ‘I am he,’ and, ‘The due time has approached.’ Do not go after them.

Did you see the law?

Do not go after them.

Obey Jesus Christ!

• Scott77
    Scott77

Consider the experience of a sister whose adult son at one time had love for Jehovah . Later in life, however, he unrepentantly chose to practice LAWLESSNESS . Hence, he was disfellowshipped from the congregation. Our sister loved Jehovah, but she also loved her son and found it extremely difficult to apply the scriptural command to avoid associating with him. An elder helped her to realize that Jehovah understood the pain she felt. The brother invited her to think about the pain Jehovah must have experienced
    Quoted from Mr. Flipper's thread

Mr. Flipper,

Iam very doubtful about the exisitance of that 'sister and her son'. Those watchtower stories are fictious and unbelieable. The fact that an elder is used in this allegedly fictious story, is to maintain strick control of the ranks and files JWs and always listen to the those misguided men. Jehovah's pain be it or not, IMHO, has nothing to do with our suffering. On the contrary, its the watchtower policies that contributed to the great emotional suffering of its members. Many thanks for sharing.

Scott77

• Nice_Dream
    Nice_Dream

Shunning someone, especially your own child, is so unnatural and unloving. It works at keeping people in for the wrong reasons. My husband is petrified of losing his whole family, he almost has a nervous breakdown thinking about what will happen to him if they find out. That's no way to live your life, it's sick.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I see more and more members just ignoring this and being discreet about associating with family members by applying the "family business" loophole to any situation. With that, all that is at risk is titles -- elders/MS/pioneers may be found to not qualify. If they keep tossing them out, no one (truly qualified) will be there to serve. (Jehovah can use the rocks!)

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

flipper: I have 2 words for you......................Excellent Topic!

Thank you. Just pulled my Feb. 15, 2011 Watchtower out to read in more detail.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

The screws are tightening even more on the rank and file who unfortunately cannot or do not have the desire to think for themselves. They will eat this drival with renewed vigor I'm sure and will thank the GB for sending food at the proper time. My aunt is going through a tough time at the moment. Her 2 sons are staunch JW's and have threatend to go to the elders and "tell on her" (she's been questioning, researching and visiting other churches) It's so pathetic really, that they have to go to such lengths to keep speaking freely.

Returning to that faith would be the dog returning to it's vomit.

• nugget
    nugget

These statements by the WTS grieve me so much. I am sick of the double talk that the society uses where it states that family members are not shunned but restricts family members to mean spouses and minor children. This is not about punishing the DF'd person in order to get them to return it is all about damage control. Someone who is aware of the corruption will not want to go back but by preventing interaction others will not be encouraged to see the light focusing instead on towing the corporate line.

I am fortunate that my father was never a JW so can visit my parents although how my mother will react following this sort of article is unclear. I know my sister will be hard line and I know that she will cut me out of her life because of stupid articles like this. There is no evidence of a softening attitude by the society rather their fear of losing control is reflected by harsh rules like this one. They punish those in more then those who are free since those on the outside are free to love unconditionally, those in have to deny their natural feelings and torture themselves in a hopeless cause.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit