DO WE NEED TO BELONG TO A RELIGION TO BE A "SPIRITUAL PERSON"?

by foodalls 158 Replies latest jw friends

• justmom
    justmom

Dear Food/

I'm sorry you misunderstood me.

YES I do have a leader...a Lord and master and husbandly owner and head......"The Christ".....Nothing here on earth of course except my wonderful physical husband/soulmate who shares my faith.

justmom

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

FOODALLS: I agree with your post and believe a person does not need to be involved with a religion to be a spiritual person. Of course, the religions don't want you to think that because then you won't need them. Right? With religions it is all about keeping a small group at the top in a cushy, easy lifestyle. They like being looked up to. Otherwise, they would have to go out and get a job like the average joe. That will never do for them. So they will shout from their podiums how you cannot be spiritual or be 'saved' or whatever without them. As far as I am concerned, there will be no more religion for me. Which isn't to say I will never step inside a church for a wedding, etc. but I will never make the mistake of getting involved again!

• troylockhart05
    troylockhart05

You need to be worshipping the true God Jehovah to be spirtual. It's his holy spirit that will help you.

• mamalove
    mamalove

No, why do I need a building with a sign, an affiliation, rules, and talks to be the conduit for me to think about god, reflect on things in life and to have values that mold the way we treat people?

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Where is Foodalls and his aliens any ways, he said he would have some important information to this newly discovered Truth.

I sure hope these aliens are nice to us humans ?

• AGuest
    AGuest
    the true God Jehovah

"Jehovah" is not the True God, dear Troy05 (peace to you!). You can find the name of the Most Holy One of Israel in your Bible (the NWT), at Psalm 68:4. "Jehovah" is a mistransliteration of the four consonants that make up the name of the True God... JaHVeH... or "JAH, who causes armies (of angels) to become/breathes armies (of angels) into existence. JAH... of Armies. It is pronounced "Yah Veh"... and sometimes rendered as "Yahweh" (the "wah" is pronounced with the "v" sound, however).

Thus, the true name of Christ, in this world, is "JAH eShua"... which means "JAH Saves/Salvation of JAH." It is pronounced "Yah eh shua"... or rapidly, "Yahshua". In English, it is "Joshua." He is the One who came... "in the name of JAH."

I hope this helps and, again, bid you peace!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

I think Foodalls got taken away by those aliens , he hasn't shown up today.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Religion is hand me down spirituality. Spirituality is you, all alone, and.... well, whatever 'spiritual' is. It can be whatever thing, act or thought that alters your mind state towards a deeper level or extatic, or whatever. On second thought, it could be a group thing, as well. But, it's still a direct experience for the spiritual in that group.

S

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

i used to think yes, but now an emphatic no

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Join and support a corrupt religion, like the Watchtower Publishing Corporation, you will also become spiritually corrupt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit