DO WE NEED TO BELONG TO A RELIGION TO BE A "SPIRITUAL PERSON"?

by foodalls 158 Replies latest jw friends

• foodalls
    foodalls

Of sourse you cannot get back to God on the internet...thats a matter between YOU and HIM...Only...I suggested to learn how to "Meditate"...Mediation is more that "Thought"...True meditation invovles using YOUR HEART and you "Third-Eye" (That may be new to you but you need to learen how to do it...the internet mearly has info on howits done.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    For "A Guest"...You have much to learn about "True Spirituality"

Perhaps, dear Foodall (again, peace to you!). My understanding is that we all do.

...and even more about the book we trusted as the Bible...

Now, I can't say that I agree with that. While I believe there is some benefit in learning about some of it, I personally don't see huge benefit in learning about any of it.

Did you know the "Original Holy Writings contained 76 books???

Hmmmm... no, I did not know that. I was under the impression that it's even way more than that, actually...

Do you know what they are???

Some of them, yes... and if I asked, I could probably know what they are all. But I cannot see the benefit, since the contents can't tell me more than what my Lord would. Except maybe to brag that I know them. But I don't see any benefit in that, either - I don't think anyone will care.

What was in them???

Some, yes...

WHY THEY WERE REMOVED???

"Removed." Interesting word. There are a number of reasons, actually; however, since the entire compilation was never the brain-child of either the Most Holy One of Israel... or His Son... I can't see where it matters. I mean, since we now have the Holy Spirit, why bother with ANY of it??

I researched this subject for 8 years to find the answers to those questions and was shocked by what I learned about all holy books and where they came from!

Well, I gotta tell ya: NOTHING shocks me about religion, the Bible, what's in it/not in it, who's really responsible, when, where, how, why... none of it. Actually, now that I better understand earthling man... and the physical man vs. the spirit man... nothing much shocks me anymore. I left off saying, "Well, I'll be!" long ago. Now, it's more like, "Should'a known - doesn't surprise me at all."

If you want to see what I have on it you are welcomed to see them....

Cool! Post away, dear one! Let's see what you got!!

WHY WERE THE OTHER TEN BOOKS REMOVED??? THINKON THIS ONE.

My common sense says because they contain "something"... "they"... don't want "us" to know. Like, for example, who "they" really are. The GOOD news, however... I mean, besides that... is that you can tell without the other 10 (or 50 or more) books!

Post away, dear Food - show us what you got! And, again, peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Spirituality is born from an inner experience.

Religion is someone else's theory, a mental exercise. Institutionalized dogma.

They are antithetical to each other.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    Of sourse you cannot get back to God on the internet...thats a matter between YOU and HIM...Only...

See, now, again, I disagree, dear Food (and, again, peace to you!). Like many, you're missing someone. Someone important. And someone who is NOT God.

I suggested to learn how to "Meditate".

Yikes, sorry... I sorta missed that...

..Mediation is more that "Thought"...True meditation invovles using YOUR HEART and you "Third-Eye"

Ahhhhh... yes, I understand. I think we both agree that our hearts... and a "third" something is involved. Not sure we agree what that "something" is, though...

(That may be new to you but you need to learen how to do it...the internet mearly has info on how its done.

You may be right, that I need to learn how to meditate, but if so, couldn't God just tell me... through HIS Word? I mean, that's how He usually tells me things. And that Word hasn't been wrong, yet, so...

Tell you what: you go ahead and share what you've stated you have/know; given your other threads, I am curious. In the meantime, I will ask for help with my meditation (because I do need some, seriously - I am getting a little more distracted these days due to the limitations of my flesh and so could use a little "focusing"). Will that work? Lemme know and, again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• Heaven
    Heaven

Heaven Im a man but can't I have just one?

Weeeellll.... ok. But don't bring any religion with ya.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

I am going to skip every single answer to your initial post. They are probably digs at each others' beliefs. I am just going to blindly answer the initial post.

"Spiritual" is everything that is not "secular." Anything that doesn't involve making a living and paying the rent and money and the stuff about money; that is spiritual. So that leaves relationships with family and friends. That leaves finding time to enjoy coffee or sunsets or puppies or the dance or the workout or the books you read or.....etc. etc..

Even us atheists can be "spiritual." I look for peace, tranquility, enjoyment of life. I learn to accept many things I can't change and I learn to change many things but mostly my own attitude. I am way more spiritual without Sky Daddy.

You can have him, I don't need to convince you to give him up. Imagine how spiritual you can be WITH him if people like me can do it without him.

• tec
    tec

My answer to the title is also, "No." We do not need to belong to a religion to be a spiritual person.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

My apologies, to the OP and other responders (peace to you all!) I didn't address the original question as I believed it to be rhetorical, especially since the OP stated he was already engaged with 12 groups that weren't religious but were spiritual. Religion relates spirituality with... well, religion. But there is spirituality that is an abstract concept (for example, as OTWO mentions)... there is "spirituality" that is religious... and then there is spirituality deriving from the person/being in question literally being a spirit. Spirit-ual... versus physical.

I think, though, that when we excitedly announce "things coming" we have a huge responsibility to at least be accurate... to the extent such accuracy is based on what we say we believe. Religious folk (and I used to be one of them, so I think I can say this) have a tendency to throw out all kinds of cliche statements that aren't really accurate. Unfortunately, formerly religious folk tend to hang on to that habit, as well.

For example, "love is unconditional." That CANNOT be a true statement. In THIS world, love HAS to have some conditions, even if it's only one or two. For example, love CANNOT murder. It can kill... and for all kinds of reasons. But it cannot murder. Because murder is a manifestation of hate. Yet, people do murder. Even chimpanzees murder.

And, if one is a believer in God (as dear Foodalls appears to be, though I am not sure which God, yet, so I have to assume, based on his/her posts), one would know that even God has conditions on His love. As does Christ.

It would be NICE for love to be unconditional... and one day it WILL be. But that day has not arrived, yet. Currently, there still exist forces that oppose and negate love... and one can't "love' those forces... and their influence (whether from without or within)... and say they love. Yet, many do.

It serves no one any benefit if, after leaving religion, which taught lies... we don't subsequently endeavor to speak the truth. ESPECIALLY when it comes to God.

Please, dear Foodalls... forgive my, ummmmm... "zeal" for what is truth. I do get carried away from time to time and perhaps I did here. I will endeavor not to do so in the future.

Again, peace to you!

A slave of Christ,

SA

• foodalls
    foodalls

You know there such good answers and quest arising out of this subject I wished we had a conference call about this subject (food for thought???)

But I will try to explain best I can...all I ask is for everyone to be patient because it took me 8 years of deep research to put all this together. Its only reasonable that everything can't be expected to written out here in the very small box forum OK? (One of the reasons for suggest email contact)

Like a said in my opening proposal EVERYONE here has bits and pieces of "Truth"...but obviously there is some "Confusion" and i understand COMPLETELY WHY that is...When I found out that the WTBTS was "Full-Of-It" I thought NO MORE of this crap for me...FOR NOW ON I'M GOING TO DO MY OWN RESEARCH!

I feel there are many of you here that feel exactly the same way...so believe when I say that.

First, about the missing bible books: The reason WHY they were NOT revealed to US is because they would greatly conflict with what "Religion" wanted you to know.

2: Some contain info about technologythey didn't want you to know such as "Zero-Point" energy devices that had unimaginal power and were able to do things that we would think is "Impossible" (Book of Maps and Keys..Old Testement) The maps would reveal 2 things that religion would have an impossile time explaining to you...1: It shows how this earth REALLY was laid out going back 26,000 years (long before most holy books were written!) The BIG question of course is...HOW DID ANYONE BBACK THEN GIVEN THE TECHNOLOGY WE WERE "TAUGHT" BY OUR LEADERS...KNOW EXACTLY ALL THE DETAILS OF HOW THIS WORLD MAPPED OUT...REMEMBER THEY (SUPPOSEDLY) DIDN'T HAVE "TELESCOPES" OR AIRCRAFT BACK THEN (OR DID THEY???) SEE where I'm going here???

How did they build IMMENSE structures using granite stones sometime weighting between 50 to 4000 tons (we don't even have this today!!!)...Thats the little secret revealed in the "KEYS" section of that book.

Then we had Enoch writing 3 boks himself that was "loaded" with unexplainable material about "Extraterrestrial" beings (couldn't have you finding out about that could they???) The REAL story about WHO the "Nephilim" were! And sure as hell never wanted us to know that there was REAL ancient empires called "Atlantis" or "Lemuria"...NO NO NO They relegated them to Myths because they woud have tomuch "Splainin' to do about the WHENS>>WHERES>>WHATSand WHO's to tell us that...See my point here and this is just 'Scratching the Surface" of all else that I have learned in the past 8 years. But this should raise serious concern about finding out thr REAL truth doesn't it?

Tomorrow I will address WHY Religion wants to keep God and the "Christ" SEPERATE from YOU...why does a god that "Personifies LOVE it self" make you live in FEAR of him...Fake..Evidence..Appearing ..Real (Something to sleep over) LOVE and FEAR are exact opposites of each other and cannot dwell together in "Universal Law"...more tomorrow!

PEACE: LOVE and LIGHT dear brother's and sister's!

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Extraterrestrial Foodalls

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit