DO WE NEED TO BELONG TO A RELIGION TO BE A "SPIRITUAL PERSON"?

by foodalls 158 Replies latest jw friends

• foodalls
    foodalls

I have been noticing people posting on this site have a "DEEP" Spiritual desire, but don't quite know how to find it, or WHERE it is at.

This beg the question...DO WE NEED TO BE INVOLVED WITH A "RELIGION" TO FIND "SPIRITUALITY"...ESPECIALLY AN "ORGANIZED RELIGION"???

anyone that has there eyes open can see that ALL religion is loosing their influence over people around the world...I spent 47 years thinking I was in the "Truth" being one of JW's! And now that I am out...and looking back from the "Outside"...All I see is that its JUST ANOTHER Religion...filled with ALL the "Control-Grid" stuff found in any other group.

Worse yet...THEY are WORSE than other religions...so it begs an answer..IS THERE SUCH THING AS A "TRUE RELIGION"???

That seems to be a question that BEGS for an answer...What are your thoughts here?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

No. We just need to be ready to get on the UFO to be a spiritual person. Sorry...couldn't help myself. Just read your other thread.

• foodalls
    foodalls

Where did you see me use the title UFO in the subject question??? Are you able to READ OK?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Oh that's right. I was supposed to email you for more information.

• foodalls
    foodalls

The question is VERY Valid when you THINK about it...DO YOU NEED TO BE IN A "RELIGION" TO BE A "SPIRITUAL PERSON"?Nothing about UFO's

Where are all the ideas about this...because there Millions of "Spiritual People" all over the world and yet they don't belong to a "Religion"...I'm involved with 12 groups online that are VERY Spiritual people...and I will tell you...I feel more "Peace" being with them than ANY religion...AND THEY NEVER ASK FOR "CONTRIBUTIONS".

• drewcoul
    drewcoul

You need to belong to a religion to be spiritual in the same way you need to be married to be in love. One is physical, one is mystic.

• scary21
    scary21

religion is a snare and a racket

• Heaven
    Heaven

^ What scary21 said.

• foodalls
    foodalls

What "Scary21" and "Heaven" posted is...you are both on the right path...hope you stay there...WE are ALL God's Son's and Daughter's..It was NEVER anyway else...you will find this out VERY SOON! Bless You!

• im stuck in
    im stuck in

NO I don't think you do. I have come to think that spirituality is in you. How do you treat your fellow man? Do you prejudge others? Or do you accept them as they are. When I came to the conclusion that "the truth" was not the truth at all I began to pray to God show me the way, show me that the org is right or show me that there is something else. I may as well have been talking to my bedpost for all of the answers I received from God. I am not a bad person I have never in my life intentionally hurt anyone except to follow the Watchtowers hurtful positions as an elder. So I plan to continue for the rest of my life to be a good person towards my fellow man. I do not hate JWs I love them there are so many fine people in, just misguided " Captives of A Concept" to quote Don Cameron, but I do hate the religion of hate The Watchtower. Just my two cent's By the way Foodhalls I enjoyed the videos that you turned us on to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit