Window Washers

by dontplaceliterature 131 Replies latest jw experiences

• Violia
    Violia

I've cleaned houses etc. You have to fast and very good to make money. I made very good money doing this in parts of the 70's and 80's. It is honest work.

• SlipnSlide
    SlipnSlide

I have touched on this topic in the past and someone got offended because they were a "Window Washer". There is nothing wrong with this type of work, although no higher educationis required for it. I know quite a few Witnesses who work for cleaning companies. It is just a common type of job that many are able to get that will allow them to serve in the ministry more often.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

I hope farkel changes his mind regarding posting the rest of his story. Based on his long posting history, I have the utmost respect for Farkel - though I have not had the privilege of meeting him personally or talking to him on the phone.

I wish that the person(s) attacking farkel would go away. But I do not run this forum. I am a mere guest here. I wish the attackers would remember that they, too, are merely guests.

Snakes (Rich .. of the "formerly a window washer" Sheep Class)

• still wondering
    still wondering

I too made a similar mistake as Farkel. I assumed that the posters here were adults and acted in an adult and responsible way. Unfortunately some have a severe problem with their ego and need it constantly massaged.

Those currently attacking Farkel, and others that spring to mind such as a jondoe, are best ignored. Just deprive them of the oxygen, attention, they need and crave and one hopes that they will take their rudeness and infantile behaviour elsewhere.

On a public discussion board such as this, this is all one can hope for.

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

Born and raised JW and also didn't know many "window washers".

The congregation I attend has many a techy-type JW, business owners, fire fighters, accountants, CPAs, a couple of architechs, a doctor, a few nurses, LPNs and CNAs, a couple of store and restaurant managers, chefs, vehicle mechanics, a few that have cleaning businesses, and several of the JWs HS graduates have started their college education. Quite the diversity in occupations.

Most posters here just use those derrogatory terms in order to show their ignorant bitterness against the JWs in general. Sad for them, really.

DY

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    The saddest thing about Farkel, is not that he knows everything. It is that he cannot let go of his fear. "Love is letting go of fear." Farkel is yet to be accused of being loving. Sad, very, very sad.

That's a fairly passive aggressive, and ignorant, statement. I've never been a fan of personal attacks. They are the lowest common denominator and, if memory serves, are used mainly when a poster has nothing else to resort to in response. If you've read what he's had to say over the years, you'd know that he does know a great deal about a great many things, but he's never once said he knows "everything". Quite the opposite. It takes a lot of guts to admit to a mistake and I've seen him do it. You really have no clue what you're saying, or what Farkel is really about. One thing I've always liked about Farkel is what you see is what you get. Nothing hidden. No lies, no hidden agendas and no pretense. That can't be said about some. And, unlike some, he's actually got something to say, and he does so in an intelligent no nonsense way. If he sees someone full of it, he'll call them on it. If you don't like what he says, then don't read it. If you disagree with him, then prove him wrong. And I'll agree with Shelby. I accuse Farkel of being loving. Chris

• moshe
    moshe

Marked- just in case I ever decide to take some work away from a pioneer ---it looks easy enough for a semi-retired fellow like me. Thanks for the tips Farkel.

• jay88
    jay88

IMHO, Farkel is one of the better posters here, he is clever, witty,-----He is this forum's Larry David.

• zoiks
    zoiks
    Here is what it says about you: FUCK you. That's what it says about you.

Ha ha! Farkel - kicking ass since 3/14/2001 and even earlier.

Gotta respect the Farkel. He has been of more help to more scared doubting on-their-way-out JWs than almost anybody I can think of.

To you, sir. I'm very sorry that you have decided to discontinue the life story.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here are more in support: I limited it to 2 in case you might be driving. :)

I too hope you will reconsider....I was very moved by the first part.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit