Window Washers

by dontplaceliterature 131 Replies latest jw experiences

• Violia
    Violia

DITTO everything Grandmajones said. I have been young and middle age and now I'm entering my older years. I am glad to be alive and YES I have learned a thing or two just from surviving. Respect for wisdom and age has declined, sadly.

• moshe
    moshe

Farkel, I'll help you get your life story back on track--

Call me Farkel. Some years ago-never mind how long precisely-having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would take up the window washing trade. Being a simple minded Jehovah's Witness with no worldly ambitions, save preaching the Good News door to door, I ----

• yesidid
    yesidid

Dear Shelby,

I see you addressed part of a post to me and I would like to respond.

Perhaps the best way for me to do that is to repost something (slightly altered) I wrote on another thread:

Farkel said in the thread where Dontplaceliterature was introducing himself:

Stay in the Watchtower Corporation. Cowards who want others to fight their fights do not deserve real freedom

Actually that was the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Here are some more from the past couple of weeks, not months or years................weeks:

Whiners do not get much respect in here. Quit whining and start learning.

It doesn't surprise me that you have no arguments and only bullshit and pathetic potshots to offer. Make an argument and defend it. I can offer flash cards if you like or remedial courses in thinking provided your brain is still functional.

You just have a reading comprehension problem. A big one. It's obvious from the crap you keep posting

And you? ADS is what comes to mind. Or, it's possible that you are just stupid. But I'll give you the benefit of the doubt for now.

Your bullshit about McDonalds is a Strawman. It's a typical WT trick, the Strawman argument. I don't know how long you've been out of the dubs, but you still think like one.

Mostly, I dodge red herrings like that one and I expose the silliness of naive and stubborn twits like you.

If ignorance is bliss, you must be the happiest soul on this planet.

Farkel has since apologised for the comment in red.

Although I recognize that Farkel is talented in many ways, he can be very demeaning to fellow posters and particularly

newbies. It really upsets me. I guess I am and always will be a fighter for the underdog.

Some who know Farkel personally (including you Shelby) say he has another side. Sadly I've not seen it. I've seen clever and funny, but Ive not seen warm and kind.

But then again I've not read his every post. I can only comment on what I have seen.

yesidid

• beksbks
    beksbks
    Although I recognize that Farkel is talented in many ways, he can be very demeaning to fellow posters ................................... It really upsets me.
    Some who know Farkel personally (including you Shelby) say he has another side. Sadly I've not seen it. I've seen clever and funny, but Ive not seen warm and kind.

I had vowed to stay out of this, but I have to agree with Yesidid.

• flipper
    flipper

A thread on Window Washers going 5 pages ? Incredible. Well, having been in business about 30 years I've done my share of window washing & floor stripping, ANYTHING & EVERYTHING janitorial. Would I have preferred to do something else ? Yes. But in spite of having a 3.6 GPA in high school , my parents forbade me to go to college. Why didn't I go later ? Because I was raising young children into adulthood and I made more money doing commercial janitorial than most other jobs I'd have working for somebody else. Anyway- I'm too damned independent to work for anybody . One reason I've stayed self employed all these years. I like my freedom . Now I'm working only three and a half days a week and four days a week, STILL earning more than I would working for someone else. AND I have a little more spare time !

As for our friend Farkel , he is a cool guy. I've gone to lunch with him once and he has lots of knowledge and experience to share with people on the board or exiting witnesses. People just need to chill and realize we ALL have different personalities. We can't just fit people into a mold we create. Most of us had enough of being judged in the Witness organization . So anybody dissing Farkel has their head in their anus.

Farkel- You shouldn't let insecure comments by unkind people thwart you from sharing your story for the larger crowd who will benefit. That's what your naysayers would want. Don't give them the satisfaction. I for one would love to hear the rest of your story. I enjoyed part 1 ! Like a phrase from a U-2 song " don't let the bastards grind you down. " Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• yesidid
    yesidid

Now just see if I have this right.

It's OK for Farkel to say whatever he wants to whomever he wishes, but no one is allowed to call him on it?

Right?

• Scott77
    Scott77

Newbies should be careful on what they say regarding long timers. Newbies are unexperienced as such, I mean on this board. They should step back and take notices instead of jumping on those that have made a significant difference in the richness of our discourse over the years. I wish Simon should restrict newbies to one post per thread or per week for a year to make learn the game. On my part, I like Ferkel's posts, they are among the top, highly rated ones for their richness, originality and depth of scholarship. Ferkel, I hope you keep speaking out, no change. Never allow the short sightness and questionable twits of a few to becloud your superior judgement and wisdom.

Scott77

• GrandmaJones
    GrandmaJones

From the tone of all this, right! (lol)

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Now just see if I have this right.

It's OK for Farkel to say whatever he wants to whomever he wishes, but no one is allowed to call him on it?

Right?

Bingo!

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

If I may break the train (which seems to be either throwing brickbats at Farkel, or else throwing brickbats back at those who do!) and return to the title of this thread:

- cleaning used to be seen as the single best source of part time work, and possibly still is.

Only because of this, many in the pioneer service turned to cleaning work in order to support themselves. It certainly did not mean that the same individuals were incapable of anything else (although I certainly agree that it does not prepare a person for much else - certainly not for handling the responsibilities of an elder!)

It should therefore hardly be a surprize that a disproportionate number of JWs are cleaners by occupation.

And not only window cleaners, either. Around here, many are into carpet cleaning as well - some even owning franchises for one or other of the big carpet cleaning concerns.

As well as cleaning, though, the local JWs seem to also be heavily represented in pest control work - and at all levels up to senior management.

Bill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit