Are you suspicious of LURKERS?

by VampireDCLXV 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

Grace - Hah! I do NOT need glasses! I don't say anything I don't mean. I GUARANTEE you everyone on here agrees with me .

I am going to give you a call soon and pick your brain - you have some great ideas!

Have a great day! Sending you a big hug,

Hadit

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I think for some lurkers their curiosoty will get the best of them and they will want to read what is in the Private threads. Then they find out it wasn't such a big deal

A lot of people register and then realize they don't want to be here and never come back.

Many and I suspect most people read the board sometimes for years befgore they say something. WT phobias are strong and the fear of being outted as well as the fear of being attacked will keep many quiet.

But for those who are reading enough to begin to see through the WT lies eventually a topic will come up that spurs them to post something.

It is one thing to go against the WTS and read what is on this site. it is a whole other thing to register and even more scary to actually participate.

To the lurkers I say:

• Take all the time you need before you start posting. I'll do my best to keep the attackers under control. Start out with some of the more friendly threads that have nothing to do with being a JW.
    • When you are ready to take that step be careful of the personal info you post. If you are talking about a personal experience change enough of the details regarding time and place to protect yourself from those who might actually be looking to out people. (There aren't many but it has happened)
    • Know ahead of time that if you want to defend the WTS that you will get called on it so be prepared that you may find yourself without a good defense. We have spent a lot of time and energy researching WT literature and we actually do know what we are talking about.
    • If you need support there are plety of people here who will give it.
    • Many people PM me with very personal info. Know that I will keep that confidential and not turn around and post it on the board. I think that is true of most people here
    • The policy for the board is that if people post PMs on the board the posts will be removed. Personal messages are "personal" and should stay that way.
    • If you are getting PMs from someone who is attacking you or sending spam contact the admins (see in Best of under JWD FAQs). We aren't always on the board but we will get to you. Mods cannot read PMs. The best we can do is send your message on to the admins, Simon and Angharad, his wife.
  • VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

OMG.

If a person is shy, okay, whatever. I'm still not really sure there really is a need to be shy though. One could probably count on one hand the number of people here who have actually gotten busted, and that was always because of carelessness. Despite the relatively few spies who are here, practically nobody gets caught out here unless they out themselves.

Okay, IF you deparately want to be anonymous and you want to contact others here, PM away. I hope you all find your courage and your own way out someday.

If you've been here a long time and you at least say a few words here and there, ugh, fine...

IF you're here to just read and NEVER intend to participate or send PMs, why?

For crying out loud! I'm not trying to be a prick here...

V665V665

• VIII
    VIII

Lurkers: Why do YOU hang around here and then never say anything? Why bother signing on in the first place? I especially direct this question at people who have been here a while and have only made as many posts here as you can count on one hand. I dare you to say something.

Me: Boo

Also, everything that I want to say has been said. I think about it, think "should I type it?" and decide "no".

So I read.

Or Lurk. Depends on how you look at it.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Vamp

I've been around long enough and worked with people long enough to know we need to have patience.

What is the hurry? You have your whole life ahead of you. Slow down and enjoy it. Let people go at their own pace. Like don't you have enough people here to talk to?

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

Well said Lady Lee. The guidelines you posted are good. I think I already touched on a couple of your points in my OP. Just sayin...

I'm trying not be be a jerk here, folks. Geez...

V665V665

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Whats to be suspicious of?..

If Lurkers want to Lurk..Let them Lurk..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

All I said was I LIKE THE PEN! (Seinfeld)

LOL Vamp!

• cantleave
    cantleave

Too all you lurkers.....

• dinah
    dinah

I read here for almost a year before I signed up or posted anything.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit