LOL @ the Vampster!

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

LOL at Benny Hill

• 3Mozzies
    3Mozzies
    Are you suspicious of LURKERS?

Overall no.

However within an hour of me posting an image of a mocked up version of a WT (with Hitler on the cover) someone had complained to image-shack (where I host my images) and got it removed....

Some lurkers are spies and obviously can't stand others poking fun at their dorky religion. Grow up!

3Mozzies

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Sometimes a post is so transparently and flawlessly presented that it leaves nothing to add.

I know. I know. That's what I always tell myself when I kill a thread.

I lurked for a year before I posted. I was terrified of being caught not by spies but by my family. There have been people who have lost their families just by being caught posting on this forum. It's ridiculous but true and I can understand why some don't want to take the risk.

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

However within an hour of me posting an image of a mocked up version of a WT (with Hitler on the cover) someone had complained to image-shack (where I host my images) and got it removed....

What the?????

• xcellxior
    xcellxior

<< Lurker.

I rarely post mostly because I'm lazy. I'm not suspicious of lurkers.

The image verification to log on annoys me and sometimes the lack of features on the forum software puts me off... no quote button for example.

• jws
    jws

Who knows why they lurk? Who cares? Let them come here and read.

If, as you claim, very few people have been outed on this board, who cares if they are spies? Their spy "work" apparently isn't yielding them very much. Which means the ones who are spies are wasting their time. In reality, they are combing through volumes of posts which might start to sink in one day. More importantly, they are NOT spending time reading WT articles or knocking on doors. Seems like it's a win-win.

Who's to say people know there's a distinction between signing up and just reading posts? I'm sure some percentage of people assume they have to sign up. Some of those decide it's not for them and leave. There are many reasons that have been presented here about why somebody might not post and aren't spies. You seem to want to dismiss them all because they should all follow Vampire's rules for when to sign up or else they're spies.

Fine, they're all spies. Happy?

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

And then there is the numerous obligations & ties I have in the org that keeps me lying low.

You could have left off the last word in that sentence and it still would have been truthful. Respectfully, you and your wife are leading a secret second life that causes you to be deceptive. That must be very difficult. Is it out of a sense of duty to this organisation or is it something else? Fear, maybe?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

Hi Nickolas. It is because of deep roots. Years, obligations & ties = deep roots! And I have a sense of duty to my loved ones.

Is there a double life, a secret second life standard on our part? Ya! But its' like we are partners in crime as we go thru this (deceptive) journey together.

What fear? As the scriptural saying goes.....'there is no fear in love'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit