Are you suspicious of LURKERS?

by VampireDCLXV 97 Replies latest jw friends

• artemis.design
    artemis.design

I was never baptise, don't care a hoot about the JW's . I lurk a lot. I try and keep up to date in case I can gleen any tip/ insight into getting my folks out. Arte

• Nobleheart
    Nobleheart

Hi everyone, I just signed up yesterday and was approved today, so this is my first post. I've been reading posts in this board for the past 3 days, which has definitely been quite interesting. Needless to say, there has been so much info to take in. I hope to read much more interesting things in the future. As I am relatively new in the organization, I don't have access to older magazines and literature (our congr. doesn't have a library with publications older than the 90s, as they are not available in my first language (not English), and the Watchtower CD-ROM doesn't contain older articles either). So I always wanted to know what 'flashes of light' looked like in the past. So i will be on the lurking mode for the most part, as I examine how things have evolved throughout the years.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Welcome to the board, Nobleheart!

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

Personally I couldn't care less who lurks around a db, although I used to, because I thought Homeland Security was infiltrating them.... LOL! Now I know that it was all fear-mongering and they don't give a shit what we write or say.

So, anybody from Bethel, Governing Bods, any JW's, come and lurk all you want, maybe you'll wake up and ditch the Cult!

~PS

• elderelite
    elderelite

You know what i'm suspicious of? Vampires that can have their picture taken and then use them as avatars... just sayin...

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

This is a great thread V665.

No more suspicious of a lurker than someone who can have 1700 posts in the first 3 months on JWN

Mattieu, the dates are American so V665 has been posting for a whole 8 months. Hmmm sounds like he's been slacking somewhat in his post count. V665, please consider this as loving council to make more of an effort to be regular in your upbuilding comments on JWN. OMG I've just had a relapse

ReallyTrulyAthena, you're worth waiting for every time.

NobleHeart, warm welcome

Lurkers constrain what I write. I hold a lot back although that's been second nature for decades in the borg. In the truth it's a small world.

mmxiv

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I'm also suspicious of elders who pretend to be apostates...

V665V665

• flipper
    flipper

VAMPIRE- I really don't worry about lurkers much at all - unless they are threatening to my fellow JWNers - then I'll call their bluff and tell them to blow it out their a$$ ! With everybody having fake avatars - from what I've observed there is a small chance someone will recognize somebody. But it doesn't happen often.

Some lurkers as I mentioned make their intentions pretty clear soon after joining . If they are confrontational- you will see those personality traits exposed quickly. If they are sincerely here to add positive vibes - we will see that as well. As for those who join and never comment, I don't worry about it much - I've got way too much going on in my life to question why they do what they do.

I guess if a lurking JW wants to find someone and wastes his or her time on here to just do that- I figure that witness needs to get a life. LOL ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• elderelite
    elderelite

No no vamp you got it backwards.. I'm an apostate who pretends to be an elder

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

With everybody having fake avatars

What do you mean? This is my good side ...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit