Are you suspicious of LURKERS?

by VampireDCLXV 97 Replies latest jw friends

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

I dont comment a lot because much of the JW historys are out of my depth... I find it difficult to recall what we were taught even though it was only last year that I stopped going after 21 years ! I think it had much to do with the fact that I was always out in the foyer (where there were no speakers) and I was busy raising 4 small children all with 2 year age gaps......

I post when I can, but then I mostly just absorb the rest so that I can digest it later to enable me to put all of the JW jigsaw together.... :)

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

Vamp PM LOL

• letsslatejws
    letsslatejws

Another reason why I dont post much is because whenever I do post not many people respond to my comments so I think to myself why do I bother !

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    why do I bother

Come buckaroo cheer up!

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

At least I and others know who you are, letsslatejws.

Thanks for being in my corner mamalove and Darth. I appreciate you guys.

V665V665

PS: Darth you have a PM too.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Some of us just have more to say than others. Also, more free time on their hands!

• Spade
    Spade

I read a post here and there and make a comment if and when I can someting worth commenting on. Most of the posts are not honest debates, they're often inflammatory and rife with loaded language. When I first read the posts here they made me mad because the attitudes here will destabilize family relationships if a family member is a Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'm not bothered anymore because the people who condemn Jehovah's Witnesses as a “man-inspired cult” come across as godless themselves so they have little room to speak.

People here constantly reference Steven Hassan, former member of the Unification Church. The religion is not the same as other religions like Mormonism and the Unification Church.

Based strictly on observation, there's no reason not to have an open-mind towards Jehovah's Witnesses. People here generally talk about the same things when there's a bigger picture to consider.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Aw, Let's Slate....

I read your posts!!

And usually enjoy them!!

Zid

• Gregor
    Gregor

Another reason why I dont post much is because whenever I do post not many people respond to my comments so I think to myself why do I bother !

Letss. Go back and check the number in the upper right of your threads - "views". I believe you will find that your thoughts are being read by a lot of people. Sometimes a post is so transparently and flawlessly presented that it leaves nothing to add.

Not that I know anything about it, but sometimes it seems you get more responses by being a provocatuer.

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I was a lurker whilst still a believer (but having doubts / issues) way back when this site was JWD. I lurked for a year or two off and on before striking up the COURAGE to sign up (different account that I dont have the email address for anymore so cant access it). I posted only a few times then to ask about specific things like assembly programs etc. Then I didnt come here for a bit as I went back into trying to be a good JW again.

Then I lurked some more and finally once I was convinced from my research it was total bunk decided to sign up again (I then had to email admin to get this account activated) and here i am, still for the most part lurking.

Not all people are alike clearly, some are bold and brash and full of themselves and cant wait to spout off about any and every subject, others are more reserved or even timid and dont have alot to say generally, some are a bit of both or have strong opinions only on very specific areas, none is any less worthy than the next.

Personally i'd prefer it if posters limited themselves to thoughful specific posts rather than choke up this NON SEARCHABLE board with meaningless useless tat, that then masks the uselful information from those who may otherwise benefit from it. So in a way, the less you say the better really, then the forum would have a far higher percentage of useful content. But that is just wishful thinking on my part.

So continue as you are friends, feel free to vent and spout all you like...

Cheers

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit