Are you suspicious of LURKERS?

by VampireDCLXV 97 Replies latest jw friends

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

Lurkers are such an integral part of Internet culture that I can't imagine a board without them, regardless of subject. It's very rare that they mean any harm. Sure, many of the lurkers here are active Dubs within the hierarchy, but the majority are likely faders and the curious who want to see what life on the "outside" is like.

The question is then WHY SIGN ON? You can read almost everything here without having to do that... Just sayin...

Lots of reasons. They might want to save their preferred username to use in the future. They might want to send PMs. They might want to read posts in the members section. Whether they register or not, they can still read your posts here (unless you're posting only in the members section), so who cares if they sign up? Makes no difference to you either way.

If you're concerned about people reading your posts, then be careful with what you post. Good general advice for everyone.

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

@DagothUr.

What you did here is what I think is more normal and typical. You lurked here for a while BEFORE signing up. You just hung out here got to know the players and the stories instead of just signing on for what you didn't bargain for. When you DID sign on, you started speaking your mind instead of just hiding and not saying anything. I think you are very intelligent and well spoken, one of my favourite newbies as of late.

@ReallyTrulyAthena,

You're another one of my favourites. You are also as well spoken and sincere as anyone I've seen here. Maybe you're not around as much but you've made yourself known. I'm truly proud of you and I wish you well on your continuing journey in life.

Take care all...

V665V665

• ReallyTrulyAthena
    ReallyTrulyAthena

((V665)) Thank you, from my heart. Your response means a lot to me.

You're one of my favorites, too. I won't forget your very first welcome to me (and so many others that I've seen you reach out to as newbies - now THAT is "encouragement"). From your sly sense of humor to your wry observations, to your stalwart defense of what you view as right....I appreciate your posts and "your voice".

I look forward to reading more threads from you (and "Ruh roh, Raggie!" -- maybe one day I will post more/start a thread myself ). One may never know what is "said" out here that may help another soul in putting together the pieces of the puzzle. You have my well-wishes too as a Fellow Traveller on the Path...

I wish you all a good night...........

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

It isn't because I don't trust this forum or any other, that I don't comment. I am very much an active observer. There may be a learning curve that I need to master in terms of navigating my way around that keeps me from being more 'visible'.

I am very much a disgruntled JW to say the least and I find these forums very therapeutic. Let me assure you, no one on this forum needs to be concerned about my intentions. They are, as the saying goes.....'very honorable intentions'. My wife & I have the luxury of being able to nurse each others' wounds that the JW org has inflicted on us. And then I have the added luxury of these forums where I get further healing by those of you who have 'been there done that' so to speak.

And then there is the numerous obligations & ties I have in the org that keeps me lying low.

It goes without saying that the society is very much suspicious of any in the congregations, especially the servant body , who may be 'Lurkers' on these forums. It is as though they have the elders on the look out. That, I would say is another reason for my maintaining a low profile. Rest assured I am very much on your side as I am sure many hundreds of thousands + of other lurkers are!

'A JW Gonin Bad'

• VampireDCLXV
    VampireDCLXV

I've seen you around, JW GoneBad. At least we know something about YOU...

V665V665

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

No more suspicious of a lurker than someone who can have 1700 posts in the first 3 months on JWN

We all have different circumstances and not all have too much time to post on the web. I lurked here for a year or 2 before joining on the day of the memorial last year! I quickly scan JWN every day, but don’t have time to post on every subject, normally just try and welcome new ones.

TO SPY. I really have to wonder what other reasons there could be. It makes me deeply suspicious.

Spies can some in the form of a lurker who rarely posts or a very active poster. If someone doesn’t want to reveal who they are and guards their privacy, just be careful what one posts.....

But whatever, I got bigger fish to fry than watching my back for a quak job cult member

Well said Soldier 77. Cheers, Mattieu

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

I'm suspicious of anyone who gives themselves a fancy French name when they're not French.

• Mattieu
    Mattieu

BP - Je vous demande pardon????? Hey it sounds better than The Mattster! And while we are at it, stop making promises you cant keep

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Have any of you ever looked at the stats that BigBoards has on this site? Scroll down to the bottom of th epage and you will see a BigBoards icon on the left. Of all internet discussion boards JWN ranks as the 834th highest - of all boards of any kind!

We are #15 of all religious BigBoards

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ the Mattster!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit