The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Not your God buddy-

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    I'm really sorry for you though. 2010 and for some its still the Bronze Ages of superstitions and lore. And the videos, oh my gawd the videos. Its worse than seeing David Splane live, and you suck it up, incredible, really, just incredible.
    I'm so glad this is being aired for the protection of all of our children and grandchildren.

Not all of us see the videos and think "Praise Jah!".

Some of us base our beliefs and faith on "reason and rational", some read the books of Dawkins and Hitchens and Dennet and Ehrman, but we also read the books of Wright and Metzger and others.

• designs
    designs

PSac-

And yet you believe in this concept of Hell and a Jesus/God who created it and runs it. Incredible, but that's why it is important to debate this issue.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

Not your God buddy-

So I'm right. If my God reaches down to save your grandchild from HELL are you going to disown him and turn your back on him like the JWs did to you?

I thought so.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

We should have more threads about Hell.

They reveal loads of information about our humanity.

Is it accurate to say that Hell once scared people into going to church, but that it now turns people away?

• designs
    designs

LWT-

Incredible isn't it. Oogabooga is alive and well.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

leavingwt

Is it accurate to say that Hell once scared people into going to church, but that it now turns people away?

That's not the case at my church.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac-
    And yet you believe in this concept of Hell and a Jesus/God who created it and runs it. Incredible, but that's why it is important to debate this issue.

Do I beleive in A concept of "hell", Yes I do.

Do I believe in a literal fiery torment? No.

Do I beleive that some are predestined to be in "hell" ? No, I think that as always, we choose our own path, even if we may not "see" that is what we are doing because you choose not to "see".

I do however, believe that ALL will have a "choice", a choice to be with their Heavenly Father and a choice NOT to be.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

I see things like PSac does, no offense to DD.

BTS

• designs
    designs

Everyway you try to soften it it still comes across like the River Styx, and look at the 'Christian' diversity on this. The Eastern Orthodox like to soften it as well into some kind of floating consciousness of alienation from god- the Eternal sorrows kind of thing. All of this from a supossed book God inspired to lead humanity.

Its emotional child abuse, and our children need to be educated about it at an appropriate age.

Grandpa designs

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit