The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tec
    tec

Designs - Version is the wrong word, imo. Knowledge and understanding of, would be better. That makes more sense to me.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    PSac- Everyone has been told a version of Jesus, your version is different from tec's and DD's and Stepehen's and Perry's and on it goes, that's one of the main issues here.

Version, understanding, interpretation, take you pick.

As always I speak for MYSELF and no one else, but I too, like Paul, believe I have the HS in me, but I speak on no authority but my own.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

The good news is that is hypothetical discussion. A discussion about myth, legend and mythology. Just entertaining and not life threatening.

Real hell is pub with no beer and I have not yet had the misfortune to find myself in such a desolate and godless place.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Why would she be "burning in hell" if she was a jew? Jesus was a Jew.

Yet, many fundamentalists believe......that although JW's who actually believe in Jesus are going to burn in hell, because they believe in a different interpretation than the fundamentalists Jesus. I've encountered this view enough when I was a JW.

Think About It

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Well, I think that one needs to begin from somewhere, from some part some srating point in their belief in God.

Mine is from the starting point that God is Love and I outlined a few pages back, why and in what I base that belief.

From that POV I then try to understand what was written.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Think About It because they believe in a different interpretation than the fundamentalists Jesus.

The truth is the JW "Jesus" is a totally different Jesus to the one in the bible. Sure, the interpretations are different but these leave us with a completely different Jesus'. Here are some differences.

Jesus is the Creator, not the created.

Jesus is Lord and God, not lord and "god".

Jesus created the angels and is not Michael, an archangel.

Jesus is to be honoured exactly as the Father, not paid only "obeisance".

Jesus is THE way, THE truth, the LIFE not an organisation who promote themselves.

Jesus is THE name by which men are saved, not the name which cannot save which is promoted by the WT.

Jesus is THE Mediator for all men, not just a tiny minority of men.

Jesus is alive and well in His physical resurrection body, not a "spirit creature" ghost as the WT claim.

Jesus is alive and well in His people via His Spirit, not just a tiny minority.

Jesus is THE teacher, via His word, His life and His Spirit, not a man made organisation.

Jesus is THE name to be baptised into, not the name of a man made organisation.

Jesus is THE person to be witness of, not a man made organisation or the name it promotes.

Jesus is THE sacrifice which atones for sin, not one's own sacrifices.

Jesus commands are THE ones to follow, such as "do this in remembrance of me", not those of men which go directly against those of Jesus.

Blessings,

Stephen

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Jesus is alive and well in His physical resurrection body, not a "spirit creature" ghost as the WT claim.

Oh Stephen.....if you want to believe these things that is fine. Some I would agree with, some there are also scriptures that would prove otherwise.

I'm curious about the "Jesus being alive & well in his physical resurrected body" statement. Surely, you don't think after 2000 years Jesus is in heaven with a physical body. You are aware that a human body needs food & water, plus certain atmospheric & temperature considerations. I must be misunderstanding, because this doesn't make sense.

Think About it

• designs
    designs

Think- Good for asking but you are about to enter the theological and philosophical contradictory dogma known as The Trinity aaaahh

They actually believe 'God' is now a 5'6" JEWISH MAN SOMEWHERE IN 'HEAVEN'

'Abandon hope all ye who enter here' Dante Alighieri, Dante's Divine Comedy

• Think About It
    Think About It
    They actually believe 'God' is now a 5'6" JEWISH MAN SOMEWHERE IN 'HEAVEN'

You have got to be shitting me. How could anyone think Jesus is in heaven with a physical body? That goes beyond any reasonable physical limitations of a physical body. Interesting concept......stupid, but interesting.

Think About It

• Chalam
    Chalam

I'm curious about the "Jesus being alive & well in his physical resurrected body" statement. Surely, you don't think after 2000 years Jesus is in heaven with a physical body. You are aware that a human body needs food & water, plus certain atmospheric & temperature considerations. I must be misunderstanding, because this doesn't make sense.

Luke 24:39-42 (English Standard Version)

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself.

Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have." 40 And when he had said this, he showed them his hands and his feet. 41 And while they still disbelieved for joy and were marveling, he said to them, "Have you anything here to eat?" 42 They gave him a piece of broiled fish, [ a ]

Footnotes:
    1. Luke 24:42 Some manuscripts add and some honeycomb

Psalm 78:23-25 (New International Version)

23 Yet he gave a command to the skies above
    and opened the doors of the heavens;

24 he rained down manna for the people to eat,
    he gave them the grain of heaven.

25 Men ate the bread of angels;
    he sent them all the food they could eat.

Luke 22:27-30 (New International Version)

27 For who is greater, the one who is at the table or the one who serves? Is it not the one who is at the table? But I am among you as one who serves. 28 You are those who have stood by me in my trials. 29 And I confer on you a kingdom, just as my Father conferred one on me, 30 so that you may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom and sit on thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matthew 8:11 (English Standard Version)

11 I tell you, many will come from east and west and recline at table with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit