The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Ding
    Ding

I'm not aware of any Bible passage that says Hell is beneath the earth.

• designs
    designs

Amos 9:2 - digging down to Hell, King James Version...the only real Bible to some

seriously, its all there, kind of like Ripley's Believe it or Not.....

• designs
    designs

Now why would ancient Bronze Age humans think a fiery afterlife existed below the earth's surface..........

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Now why would ancient Bronze Age humans think a fiery afterlife existed below the earth's surface..........

Isn't it amazing that whatever it is the fundamentalists believe goes there.......that overcoming the dense solid rock and extreme pressures to get there is no problem, but it is the heat that causes them torment?

Think About It

• tec
    tec

Amos 9:2 - translates digging down to the grave (NIV) or Sheol in Hebrew. I think the KJV is just a bit hell crazy.

Tammy

• sir82
    sir82
    Jesus is alive and well in His physical resurrection body

As are others who have posted here, I am curious too...

I've never heard this expressed before.

A physical body must exist in a physical location, no? Where exactly is Jesus' physical body?

• jehovahsheep
    jehovahsheep

since you cant explain it with accurate scriptures-you are left with mere speculation.i think losing ones life for eternity is dreadful enough of a punishment.

• designs
    designs

sir82-

This is the classic theological teaching of the Catholics, Protetants, Evangelicals and their Trinity doctrine. God Jesus is a human in Heaven....

Now is Jesus confined to his human body or can he transition beyond it at will, how does Hypostatic Union play into this belief and why does God need to 'speak' between his 'Persons'.

All for one and one for all........

• designs
    designs

For those who think we are getting off track discussing the Trinity hang in there this will circle back around to Hell real nicely

• Chalam
    Chalam

A physical body must exist in a physical location, no? Where exactly is Jesus' physical body?

In heaven. Heaven is a physical place. Sure, spirits can inhabit the physical too, just look at our own bodies James 2:26

There are physical things in heaven. For example, manna is (physical) bread from heaven John 6:31

Just to reiterate, Jesus has a physical body, He is not only spirit.

Luke 24:39 (English Standard Version)

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

Those wanting to know the direction of Hell.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit