The Doctrine of Hell

by Yizuman 226 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• designs
    designs

Rational science, Self-actualization and existentialism slowly led humans out of the Bronze Age.

The monster gods of the ancient cultures are slowly fading away and becoming relics. Strict Muslims, Fundamentalist Christians, Hindus and a few others seem to be stuck with their own delima.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    It's rather difficult to blame a silent, invisible person that apparently and practically show zero interest or ability to do anything.

What are your interests?

Yiz

• asilentone
    asilentone

designs, yizuman has never been a witness.

• designs
    designs

asilentone- thanks, another crusader at our doorsteps

• ProdigalSon
    ProdigalSon

There is definitely suffering involved in dissolving egos, but literal fire is absurd. It's actually a lot more painful than that, but certainly not forever.

If you look REALLY CLOSELY at the Bible, you will see that there is no single word that ever denotes "eternity" as in "forever and ever and ever" with respect to our physical existence, and rightly so, because outside of this 3-dimensional box we are in, there is no "linear" time, only "quantum" existence in the now. Once your consciousness is free of your body, forever can be yesterday.

~PS

• Chalam
    Chalam

An excellent article, thanks for posting Yizuman!

For me it is interesting that many exJW still view Hell and the Trinity in exactly the same way as they did when they were believing JWs.

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• designs
    designs

Stephen,

While many of us xJWs reject such ideas it is coming from an ever expanding frame of reference. Having the luxury to sit in the actual Churches that promote these ideas was a valuable and informative object lesson. Studying the anthropological origins of beliefs like these only added to the growing body of evidence about human fears being projected onto their concepts of God.

Step back for a moment and really analyze what such ideas are projecting and promoting.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Stephen

For me it is interesting that many exJW still view Hell and the Trinity in exactly the same way as they did when they were believing JWs.

I have to agree. When you stop to think about the fact that reason Charles T Russell started this abusive cult, to deny the biblical teaching of hell, I find cofty's comment about Stockholm Syndrome very interesting. It never ceases to amaze me how XJWs continue to defend WT teaching so long after leaving the org.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At least it wasn't a total loss.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

It's 2010, is this really the tool to turn people to Christ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit