Are you afraid of the Ouija board still?

by cyberjesus 193 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Satanus
    Satanus

I suuppose there could be religious atheists. However, your view comes from mixing gods and spirits. For the sake of the arhuement, let's say that we have/are spirit. In this scenario, let's say that one of us died and found ourself floating there, as a spirit, looking down at our body. Would body death turn us into a god? In that form, our ability to influence on this plane would be less, than it was when we were alive. In a way, a person would be less than he was before. In this way, person could believe in the spiritual, while still not believing in gods.

S

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Thanks again, Satanus. I'm probably just limited in my ability to disbelieve. The concept of an atheist believing in a spirit world is (so far) incomprehensible for me.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

That should have read ability to suspend disbelief. Typing too fast.

• Satanus
    Satanus

No problem. I'm not pushing, or at least try not to push a belief in the spirit world.

S

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I dont believe in spirits, but if they appear to me and I can prove their existence I will.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

If I were to be persuaded into believing in a deity, it would be that it created the entire universe but doesn't give a dam

about what happens after he/it creates things such as the earth and all its inhabitants.

I'm going to take out my Ouija board and see if I can contact him for some direct answers.

I'll be back with my results

• TD
    TD

Remember....It's better when a boy and girl try it:

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

I would like just one person to come on this thread and tell of an experience someone had with a Ouija board, where the planchette moved without anyone touching it at all. That would be much more impressive. You'd think spirits would be able to do that quite easily because they are not having to deal with any resistance of the human mind or hand in moving the planchette. For any spirits involved, this would be easier and simpler than moving a planchette with a human attached to it.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

Can't make our date on the 26th, cyberjesus (or, can I call you Cy?), but sincere thanks for the invitation. I would very much like to hear Mr. Harris speak. If there was a possibility, I would have been delighted to call your bluff.

You are intelligent so you already know that the ability to bluff is really a good survival mechanism and factors in the evolution of our species. You can neither win in poker nor in life if you never bluff - but that's just another one of my paradigms. To me, only an inveterate gambler with a death wish would never bluff when inviting a strange, apparently aggressive man on the internet to a rendezvous, even if there were hundreds of people about. I could think you were coming on to me or I could just be someone who really hates to lose an online argument. I will hasten to add the evidence will substantiate that neither description applies to me but I do have a tendency to call confident people on stuff I perceive to be bullshit, amongst other quirks. Sometimes I jump to conclusions, as I did in your case. Regardless, I don't mind being bluffed, especially when it is so transparent.

Good conversation. Thanks for letting me play.

• undercover
    undercover

I've gotten over my fear of all that demon superstition and the Ouija board...

But Twister scares the shit outa me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit