Are you afraid of the Ouija board still?

by cyberjesus 193 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

JAFO:

I use my Ouija board and Tarot cards regularly.. they're very useful.
    (of course, anyone with sense takes a few basic precautions with such things..)
    BTW, one doesn't "play" with a Ouija board.. it isn't a game, nor a toy.

Will you please elaborate? I do not understand. How are they useful? What precautions are needed? What led you to the conclusion that they are not toys or games? I do not have any experience with any of this. I would like to better understand this.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

For those who think Ouija boards can really connect with unknown spiritual forces, Penn and Teller

did a exploitative analysis of these boards to show what really is happening when the piece (?) moves around on the board.

Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eG4wTZuT3wM

Part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA5uYhXpa-E&feature=related

Part 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1YmEkCJ87s&feature=related

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

and who moves the fingers that move the glass? the spirits, dont you get it? they are really really powerful, dont mess with leviatan.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

The power of human suggestion and emotion moves the planchette across the board.

The pre-suggestion being that spirits will move the piece to the correct answer where in actuality

the people are moving it around to the appropriate lettering.

When an answer has been correctly answered the participants are left with the thought suggestion

that wow this thing really does connect to the outside spiritual realm.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

i dont believe penn & teller I think apostates made the video to attack my beliefs on the ouija board. apostates just hate everything, they hate WT and hate Satan. They are against everything.

• oldlightnewshite
    oldlightnewshite

I tried it once with a friend when I was a little kid and got zilch. I was a JW kid and knew it was wrong and thought something bad was gonna happen. I think the best way to test if it works is to make your own board out of rough sandpaper, and cover it with a really sticky syrup. If the planchette moves on that, then you've got your answer.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I've had an atheist friend who did not believe in god, tell me he wouldnt mess with an Ouiga board, because

he didnt want to deal with what it might unleash.

That's because your atheist friend is a moron and, apparently, not really an atheist. Atheists absolutely reject every and any notion of the supernatural. Get a grip, people.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

There are rock solid atheists who have had their 'faith' in all things being material shaken over incidents with these so-called harmless pursuits. No, there is no scientific basis for any of this, but, "where there's smoke, there's fire" and I don't want to get burned! I'm not here to argue the point, just telling my side...

You've got to be kidding, right? I have never, never met a "rock solid atheist" like what you describe. Any names you can provide?

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus
    Atheists absolutely reject every and any notion of the supernatural

Incorrect, Atheist dont have a belief in god. thats all. The reason is the lack of evidence of his existence, but the same rule applies to everything, natural or supernatural.

• Nickolas
    Nickolas

I wouldn't play with one.....if you can, somehow, connect with the spirit world via a Ouija Board, you don't know what's going to come through and I ain't taking any chances. My sister played with one when she was about 18 after she had left the Borganization and sure enough, it answered the question correctly, even though no one else in the room would have known what the answer was. While there may be a scientific explanation, I'm not 100% convinced that the 'Ideomotor effect' can be used to explain away every single case.

People, people, people ... are you all barking mad??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit