Do You Really Care About the People On Here?

by snowbird 158 Replies latest jw friends

• Hadit
    Hadit

This community is helping me through one of the most difficult and life changing events of my life. It was such a relief to find ones who are or have gone through similar situations. It creates a unique bond. The kindness I was shown when I joined was heartwarming. I’ve connected via PM and telephone with wonderful, loving individuals. I want to meet them all! I also wish we could have a yearly meeting some place so everyone could meet – perhaps we can rent an assembly hall somewhere and show them what real truth and unconditional love are!

Unfortunately, I can’t be on here as much as I’d like as I have to keep it unknown at home, plus time constraints. I read much more than I post. My heart aches for what some are going through. My thoughts are with them. I’ve had many a cry sitting at my screen knowing that there are people out there suffering needlessly for this power hungry, controlling religion. I’m also very impressed by the caliber of people on here. The intelligence and debating skills are great (well – some are just funny!) I’ve learned a lot.

Thank you all for sharing your lives!

Well – I’ve used a lot of words to say what I could have said in a few: Yes, I care very much.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I care very, very much Sylvia, and I include our nastiest JW defenders in that.

I just don't have the skills to show it.

• zoiks
    zoiks

Yes.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Wow!

Look what I wake up and find!

Thanks, everyone.

A special shout-out to Mr. and Mrs. Flipper who periodically check to see how I'm percolating.

I really appreciate that.

Syl

• darthfader
    darthfader

Yes, I have come to respect a number of people here. Others, I just ignore. Some posters are like watching train wreck...

• snowbird
    snowbird

DarthF.

Two Darths down, one more to go.

Syl

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yes- I care about people on here.

I've read some of the experiences and cried and wished I could do more. This board and the stories it holds from people like SD and very recently Bro dan remind me that I'm lucky, I was able to leave the cult with my immediate family.

I have grieved with people on this board, I have felt concern for people. But I have also laughed my head off at others and goaded many more (sorry elderelite).

But a message board has it's limits, the greatest thing is when you can actually meet up and start creating real friendships.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Can'tLeave and Nugget.

Syl

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Everytime someone has an experience or issue to tackle there are ALWAYS ones who comment with advice, a virtual hug or prayers being said. I believe people do care for each other because we all have lived or are stilling living with JWs.

I am learning A LOT from the members of this board, I may not chime in all of the threads but I do read most of them and try to digest the thought conveyed.

• funnyface
    funnyface

Well I have just read this thread ( snowbird) Minimus Thank you so much for caring.
    Yes I am beginning to lose it...Cant remember folks names etc.Cant read all the posts.
    But I am going to confess I pray for ALL on the JWN line EVERYNIGHT!!!!Your my family.
    As you all know. I am waiting to kick the bucket.I watched the rescuers of the Miners
    all day yesterday,& feel jw's are like those miners excepts some have been in darkness
    longer than two months.
    I remember Abandoned who used to post on JWD sent me $100.00 I never met him
    I think I hurt his feelings by sending it back. Because I didnt need it. & Knew his kindness
    was from his heart. He doesnt post any more .So if I have hurt any others I am asking for
    your forgiveness.. Nice post Syl as usual

I am Mouthy/Funnyface/Or as the WT calls me Undeserved Kindness Call me what ever you like
    to you all

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit