*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

What is your point? I do help those around me as I can.

Do I send a fat check to a big charity and pat myself on the back afterwards as being a good Christian from that? No.

Caring for others is more than just feeding the poor and hungry (even though this is a very worthy thing).

We as christians are obligated to more than this......Debator/Reniaa

You could always volunteer to do charity work..You could still ramble on on about things you don`t know

But..

That would mean you would have to get Off your Lazy Ass and actually do something..

.................... ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

In encouraging our faith and the works we do by Faith we are simply strengthening ourselves.

You have it backwards. Faith compels the works but works is not a road to salvation. If man had that kind of power then the sacrafice of Christ was for not, it has no meaning, it was done for nothing. There is nothing man can do to save himself other than have faith. That's it.

Galatians 2:15-16

15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan
    I just wonder what you, personally, think the result would be if you turned a service slip at the end of october that didnt have any "hours" on it, but rather simply said "helped widows and orphans in their truibulation"

Touched my heart, Elderelite! That is what my next service report is going to say. No joke. I will go back to ONE MORE meeting so I can turn that in. (I've gotta do it first...Isn't that sad that I haven't yet?)

• debator
    debator

Hi brotherdan

I have not minded your replies. You have made your decision regarding witnesses which saddens me. I hope at least you have enjoyed the scriptures that these discussions have brought out which is my favourite part.

Hi elderelle

Why would I do that? why would I mix our God assigned preaching work through his son with our obligation to care for others? they are different aspects of our Christianity not to be mixed and they do not cancel each other out either.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I LOVE the scriptures, debator. They are my life. They will always be a part of my life.

If I get to the end of the road and God tells me, "You were so wrong, you are deserving of death", I will have nothing to say. I will bow my head, tell Him, "You deserve the Honor, Glory, and Power" and I will accept my punishment for being so wrong.

I will not fight against God.

I will not argue against what He says

I will never give up

I love Him with all of my heart, and am thankful that He has shown me the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

I thank Him that He has let me talk to His Son.

I WORSHIP His Son.

I WORSHIP the Father.

and

I WORSHIP the Holy Spirit.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    Hi elderelle
    Why would I do that? why would I mix our God assigned preaching work through his son with our obligation to care for others?
    they are different aspects of our Christianity not to be mixed and they do not cancel each other out either.....Debator/Reniaa

Where in the Bible does it say "Christians should not Preach while doing Charity work"..?????????????????????

Please show us..

Unless you can`t,because you pulled one more Answer out of your Ass instead of the Bible..

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

In encouraging our faith and the works we do by Faith we are simply strengthening ourselves.

You have it backwards. Faith compels the works but works is not a road to salvation. If man had that kind of power then the sacrafice of Christ was for not, it has no meaning, it was done for nothing. There is nothing man can do to save himself other than have faith. That's it.

Galatians 2:15-16

15 "We who are Jews by birth and not 'Gentile sinners' 16 know that a man is not justified by observing the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by observing the law, because by observing the law no one will be justified.

Well put. Me personally this is my take on works, and why I don't have a problem with people who view works as something being absolutely necessary. My view is that as long as the works are a reflection of whats in the heart, meaning a faith and love of Christ and His Father, than there's nothing wrong with "works." Where the WT dropped the ball, is how they go about "encouraging" works. The WT is notorious for changing the meaning of words. Encouraging in WT speak means a knife planted at your back under the threat of being marked, or losing your family, or not doing enough on behalf of Christ's brothers, the annointed. There's far too many JWs who go out in field service, attend meetings, attend conventions, not because they really want to, but because they're pressured into doing. Others are trained to do that as born-ins, similar to teaching and training a dog to take a poop on a newspaper in a certain section at the house. The dog doesn't take a dump there because he likes to, but because he was trained to.

After a while the JW realizes something is very wrong, but isn't savy to figure out exactly what it is as they're trying to see the forest from the trees. A good example of this is the average hours spent in the ministry across the nation. It typically swings around 9.5-10.5 hours monthly. People are capable of putting in more hours, but they don't want to for a host of different reasons including everything from apathetic territories, to contempt for The Friends due to excessive familiarity with the congregation their in. Not to mention they're exhausted from the daily demands of life while trying to balance out what the WT told them to do in the name of God and His Son. Most who go out in field service aren't doing it because they love Jehovah, or Jesus. No, its done because this is whats expected of them. The repurcussions of not doing so include being viewed poorly by others in their congregation, being marked, and estrangement from family and so called friends. Sometimes it becomes so ingrained that they even start to believe that they're doing it because they love God and Christ. Its really amazing how the WT has perfected this. I tip my hat to them.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Misery..

JW`s preach out of Self Preservation..

The WBT$ teaches JW`s who do not do enough for the WBT$..(Preach WBT$ Propaganda..Ect..ect..)

Will be destroyed at Armageddon..

Would you like to go out in the Field Service today?..

Yes,would be a Good Answer!.. ..

http://images.onset.freedom.com/ocregister/gallery/l2s5pa-b78643401z.120100521102301000gmqof9un.2.jpg

• debator
    debator

hi miseryloves

I have consistently said faith inspires works and not the other way round! The underserved kindness we get off Jehovah is not by our works. It's understanding that having faith means you simply have no choice but to do works, it is your faith that pushes you to do them. If I breathe in then I breathe out, that is similar to how Faith and works are linked.

If You truly have Faith that Jehovah is our our Almighty and One true God and that the message we have been given to preach by his son saves lifes then why would preaching be a chore?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Debator - you spend more time on here than most of us evil aposates.

What are you trying to achieve? Have you not got a life? Surely you have to prepare for your next indoctrination session - you know inderline a sentence to answer up at the meeting, without deviation from what is printed in the "Bible Based" publication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit