*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• snowbird
    snowbird

*bump for new poster whose first topic is about grace*

• designs
    designs

Maybe both JWs and the Christian groups need to address the source of all of this angst- Original Sin.

Solve that and dominos start to fall.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Original sin:

Disclaimer:MY TAKE and MY ALONE !

Orignal sin is the sin of Pride, of vanity of wanting to be LIKE god but WITHOUT God's help and yes, we ALL have it because, deep down we all think we cna do it without God.

We are "broken" when we are away from God, as Paul said, " I know what is right and yest I do what is wrong".

We need God to be complete, yes God completes Us ( Cue Jerry Maguire music).

The one sin we can't get rid of because only God can do it is the sin of believing that we don't need God.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Agreed, PSac.

Grasping for something to which we are not entitled.

We can't escape this bad trait, because it's encoded in our DNA.

The above is also my take and mine alone.

Syl

• tec
    tec

Pride and entitlement, sure. But how about the first act of disobedience to God? How about believing that God (the creator who gave you life and an entire planet to govern) lied, and not trusting him? How about passing the buck instead of taking responsibility and then repenting? Eve blamed the snake, Adam blamed Eve...

There are all kinds of sins wrapped around that first act. But does it really matter? We don't really need Adam and Eve's sin to fall on us, do we? We all seem to sin just fine on our own - and so we all need that grace.

Tammy

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    How about believing that God (the creator who gave you life and an entire planet to govern) lied, and not trusting him? How about passing the buck instead of taking responsibility and then repenting? Eve blamed the snake, Adam blamed Eve...

What is all that but pride?

Its truly is the source of evil.

• tec
    tec

Ummm. Never thought of pride like that, I guess. But I hear you.

Tammy

• Terry
    Terry

Belief is not anything other than holding a thought inside your head.

People believe in little green men, astrology and that shaving your legs makes the hair grow back thicker.

What is that belief really worth? Nothing.

Here I am not believing and here I am believing. You can't tell the difference because it is all inside my head.

What in the world is so valuable to God that he will kill you or not kill you depending on a little thought you hold inside your skull?

It is so ridiculous to me I just can't give it any credibility. It is detached from anything even barely reasonable.

Lots of politicians make promises that voters want to hear and they believe and vote for them.

But, nothing seems to change.

That's believing for you.

It is a bucket of warm spit.

• caliber
    caliber

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't. --Blaise Pascal

For those with faith, no explanation is necessary. For those without, no explanation is possible. –Thomas Aquinas

What is that belief really worth? Nothing

It baths your soul with the warmth of faith, hope and love !

Love, we say, is life; but love without hope and faith is agonizing death

Elbert Hubbard quotes

• Terry
    Terry

Oh for heaven's sakes!

I swear some of you have swallowed a dozen Hallmark cards and are burping bad poetry!

I realize we've heard all this bunkum our entire lives and it seeped in before we were actually able to examine the basis of any of it.

But--now that we are adults maybe it is time.

There is no giant cheesepuff of Love floating around in the sky working magic mojo on us if we hold a lovely thought in our mind!!

One minute we're alive and the next we are dead and there is not going to be any escape for that--so, give it up already.

The time we waste cramming magic thoughts inside our consciousness is time better spent actually living.

Moon, June, Honeymoon, love and kisses are cliche concepts squeezed into paste by too many songwriters and bible-thumpers in bad sermons.

Cough up that hairball and start from scratch.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit