*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

You should direct your question to debator or a JW in this context.

There is no dilemma as far as I'm concerned.

• designs
    designs

Deputy Dog-

I know first hand the effects of being in a religion that preached the philosophy of Armageddon and the mixed message it sent to my children- 'God loves you, love him or else'.

With the Evangelical/Fundamentalist world this message goes expotentially up many notches with the Threat of Eternal torture.

What would your view be of a parent who said to their child- 'I love you, love me or I will set you on Fire'. The child would be taken into Child Protective Services. Yet you force your children, like we did, to be exposed and forced to listen to this message every Sunday at Church.

Its funny how all of the people who believe in this Grace doctrine are unwilling to deconstruct the inherent delima and ethics in the message, believe me your kids are adding 2+2 together, many get it just like my kids did.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

My point for debator is simple. If she has no assurance of salvation, by default she has no faith. "Doing" enough shouldn't be part of the equation.

debater asked:

What faith do you have?

I have faith in Christ as my Savior and his ability to save me. I have NO FAITH in my works or my ability to save myself.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

DD, that is how the org (and other religions too in many cases) keep you dependent on them for salvation. In dubland, for instance, John 3:16 says receives everlasting life by 'taking in knowledge' of Jesus instead of knowing the person. Big difference there- as one could go onto wikipedia and learn all the facts about Derek Jeter, but if they went up to him in the street he would not know them. How do you 'take in knowledge' in dubland? By reading their literature.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

designs

What would your view be of a parent who said to their child- 'I love you, love me or I will set you on Fire'. The child would be taken into Child Protective Services. Yet you force your children, like we did, to be exposed and forced to listen to this message every Sunday at Church.

I've never did any such thing.

I've never seen that taught. I was saved by God before time began, God never threatened me.

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

How do you 'take in knowledge' in dubland? By reading their literature.

I guess that leaves out the criminal in Luke 23.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

A JW would try to weasel out of that one and say 'only Jehovah can read the heart'...then get off onto the trinity...LOL

They won't get the point about the criminal. Reniaa/Debator evaded the point on that and tried to make a point of heavenly/earthly destination. Throwing that issue aside, the guarantee was there.

• designs
    designs

That's what you call avoiding the issues............

Any other believers in 'Grace' want to tackle the real issues and the real message.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Designs, check your pm.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Designs, love cannot be forced.

You know that.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit