*Grace* According to JW's. Your thoughts will be appreciated.

by Lily Pie 272 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Isaac

I agree. The criminal gets off easy compared to all JWs. The criminal gets a promise of paradise before he dies, something JWs never receive.

• debator
    debator

DD why ask baited questions?

Underserved kindness or Grace cannot be gained by any works! If someone has real faith they have works! it's as simple as that! The criminal at his death showed faith in Jesus and his words where works that faith inspired and he is comforted by that promise as we are of a paradise earth.

What faith do you have?

encouraging people to keep building up their faith is biblical.

Jude 1:20-21

20 But you, dear friends, build yourselves up in your most holy faith and pray in the Holy Spirit. 21 Keep yourselves in God's love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

• elderelite
    elderelite

debator, I really want you to turn in a service slip at the end of the month that says "helped orphans and widows in their tribulations".. what will the local brothers say to you?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

The criminal at his death showed faith in Jesus and his words where works that faith inspired and he is comforted by that promise as we are of a paradise earth.

Nope, it was his faith that sealed the deal. Nothing else he could have done would have been necessary. No one works for a gift.

Sola gratia

Sola fide

• snowbird
    snowbird

Debater will never get it.

The WT does that to you.

So sad.

So very, very sad.

Syl

• debator
    debator

Hi elderette

What is your point? I do help those around me as I can. Do I send a fat check to a big charity and pat myself on the back afterwards as being a good Christian from that? No.

Caring for others is more than just feeding the poor and hungry (even though this is a very worthy thing). We as christians are obligated to more than this.

1 Corinthians 13:3
    If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I would like to formally apologize to debator.

Some of my comments to you have been sarcastic have not seemed like I have a loving motive.

I do.

I know you get a lot of flack on this site. But I really do care about what you say and how you feel. I hope you know that I believed THE EXACT SAME WAY that you do right now. And if someone would have come to me in the way that I have come to you, I would not have listened and would have been more firm in why I believed the way I did.

Anyhow, I hope you accept this apology. Please, I don't want anyone to critisize me or say that I'm apologizing to a "troll" or any of that. This is sincere, and I hope that she accepts it.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Please, debator, dont be defensive. I have nothing against you.. I just wonder what you, personally, think the result would be if you turned a service slip at the end of october that didnt have any "hours" on it, but rather simply said "helped widows and orphans in their truibulation"... humor me please..

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Exactly Sylvia.

John 6:26-29

26 Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, you are looking for me, not because you saw miraculous signs but because you ate the loaves and had your fill. 27 Do not work for food that spoils, but for food that endures to eternal life, which the Son of Man will give you. On him God the Father has placed his seal of approval."

28 Then they asked him, "What must we do to do the works God requires?"

29 Jesus answered, "The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent."

That's about it.

• debator
    debator

Hi Mrs jones

I agree. I'm just saying his faith was accompanied by works which is the given with faith. Can you have works without faith? yes, but can you have Faith without works? No.

In encouraging our faith and the works we do by Faith we are simply strengthening ourselves.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit