New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures...

by Joliette 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Where did you post this evidence Mad? I can't see it.

If the NWT really is the most accurate translation there should be loads of evidence to support this. PLEASE let me see it, if you can I will start attending meetings again.

• Ding
    Ding

Look at the verses I cited above.

Get out your Kingdom Interlinear and check the interlinear side against the NWT version.

They don't match.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I see you are not as busy today Mad.. perhaps you could offer your thoughts today on why the mosaic law has anything to do with our policy on pedophiles...? (since you are not busy today)

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

MJW mentions tithes. I can honestly say that in all the years I attended church no tithes were paid by me nor were they requested from the church. I just donated as and when. If I didn't attend for two weeks I donated nothing.

With regard to the KH my husband's Direct Debit went out of his bank account every single month to the Watchtower regardless of whether we attended or not. These monthly donations far exceeded anything I donated to my old church even if I attended for a whole month.

Perhaps he is referring to one particular church to whom tithes are made. I attended at least four different denominations over a period of time and none of these requesting tithing. I would be interested to know to which church he refers as I like to keep my knowledge accurate and up to date.

Thank you.

LI

• cantleave
    cantleave

The only organisations that tithe are other cults like the Mormons.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

1- God's Name removed over 6.500 times / We put it back, as you well know

2- They use different words fort the same word in Hebrew & Greek / We don't (soul, hell, Gehenna, etc)

3- They use spurious scriptures (1 John 5:7) / We don't

4- They play the Cap Game (John 8:58, John 1:1, Ex 7:1) / We don't

There's more, but you will just ignore it, too....

• elderelite
    elderelite

Mad, have you ever read the kingdom interliner bible, the forward, where it is explained that in NO manuscripts do we find the name "YHWH" in the greek scriptures? It is freely admited that the devine name DOES NOT APPEAR in ANY text of the greek scriptures... so how did those "translators" decide where to put it? How accurte could it be when they added something that was not there?Please dont overreact and go all CAPS and punctuate.. I'm just asking for your thoughts on that point..

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Good question, E!

First, Kione Greek HAD no word for the Name, thus used "Lord or God"

Second, the Jews had hiddenit from the public- thus Jesus saying he came to MAKE it known

Third- it finally DID arrive in Greek- altho long after the first NT books were written

Fourth, where it QUOTES the OT where the Name IS- we put it there. (One other place where it is clear His Name was being used.)

Now- what justifies its REMOVAL????

• Ding
    Ding

Mad,

You said, "They use different words for the same word in Hebrew & Greek / We don't"

The WTS translates "kurios" as "Jehovah" in many places and as "Lord" in many other places.

They also add "other" 4 times in Col. 1:16-17; it isn't there in the Greek. Check the interlinear.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

(One other place where it is clear His Name was being used.)

Now- what justifies its REMOVAL????

Can't remove something that was never there in the first place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit