New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures...

by Joliette 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

And YOU don't know what the word "name" means. Name means your authority or power. It is WHO you are as a person. Not a mere title, like James.

You seem to be the illiterate one in this discussion.

You quote the old testament, not knowing that it was fulfilled in JESUS. It was HIS name that we are to be witnesses of. It is to HIS name we bend our knees and worship. You are like someone that has read half of a book and thinks that they are an expert on the whole book.

I've brought up hermeneutics before, and I know that you don't know what that is because of how you post. But one of the rules of biblical hermeneutics is that the OT can only be interpreted in the light of the NT. You must have the FULL story before you can attempt to interpret the OT.

So you can go ahead and pray to a name that was man made (By a monk, BTW). I pray to my Father. And he does not know you.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahaa!

The reason I don't take you serious anymore, HD, is that you have SHOWN keen intelligence, then spiral into talking trash- as with THAT nonsense.

I was enjoying our conversations until then.

• Ding
    Ding

1. The gospels don't ever record Jesus upbraiding the religious leaders for not using the name Jehovah.

2. The gospels record many accusations the religious leaders made against Jesus, but they don't record them ever condemning or criticizing Jesus and his disciples for using the name Jehovah.

3. Nowhere in Acts or the epistles do we see the apostles rebuking people for not using the name Jehovah enough or exhorting them to do so more.

4. Apparently, this was not a big issue to them.

5. By contrast, Acts and the epistles are constantly emphasizing the name of Jesus, even stating that it is the name above every other name. Phil. 2:9-10

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Show me how I'm wrong, MadJW. Take the insults out, and just tell me how I'm wrong.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

1- He said they didn't KNOW Him.

2-Same thing.

3-Again, in the originals there LIKELY was something to denote the name, since it didn't EXIST in that language. Likely Hebrew, as in the first Septuagints. All we have are later copies, the earliest being tiny fragments BELIEVED to be a little less than a century later.

4- ASSuming is a sad thing to do.

5-They emphasised that it is the Name that was GIVEN by the True God- thus Christ IS the one to be highlighted.

AND-

6- You offend him with such antichristian dogma, for-

Ex 3:14- And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said,
    Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
    15- And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children
    of Israel,
    Jehovah,
    the God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of
    Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you:
    this is my name FOREVER,
    and this is my memorial unto all generations.

Neither Judiasm, Koine Greek, nor the foul Trinity Dogma can change that.

FINALLY, the Name "Jesus" in Hebrew means "the Salvation of JEHOVAH"!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I like your use of the token WTS words like "Likely" and "Evidently" MadJW.

Proverbs 1:22

Proverbs 3:35

Your life verses MadJW! Enjoy!

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

ALL translations are biased, this every scholar agrees.

The NWT is no different.

The vast majority of scholars have issues with the liberties that the WT translation team took with the insertion of one of the translations of YHWH and the excess use of brackets and the rather unique way it "speaks" about the Holy spirit and outside of Debuhn there aren't many that think of it as a great translation at all.

That said, it was designed for JW's BY JW's and that is what we need to remember.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Ahh, yes- the same toothless defense of all the poor translations. Never heard THAT one before!

You ARE correct, to an extant- "ALL translations are biased, this every scholar agrees. The NWT is no different."

For- our bias is for TRUTH!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Ahh, yes- the same toothless defense of all the poor translations. Never heard THAT one before!

You ARE correct, to an extant- "ALL translations are biased, this every scholar agrees. The NWT is no different."

For- our bias is for TRUTH!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Hmmm....Jesus means salvation of Jehovah....but the name Jehovah was man made. You just talked yourself into a paradoxical circle, MadJW. Congrats!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit