New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures...

by Joliette 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Therefore- ignore the WTBS, if you wish- but USE the NWT to UNDERSTANDS what the Bible really says....

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Therefore- ignore the WTBS, if you wish- but USE the NWT to UNDERSTANDS what the Bible really says....

• sabastious
    sabastious
    SOMEHOW they produced the most accurate and honest of ALL Bible translations.

I know you tried to prove this statement, and I give an A for effort, but you have not supported this statement at all. If ANYTHING you have supported a claim that the NWT is credible.

I would suggest either trying again to prove your claim or, which I would recommend, NOT making such unfounded and audacious claims.

I mean seriously, "The NWT is the MOST accurate and honest of ALL Bible translations"?

If you believe that you believe that and that's cool. But if your going to put it in writing you need to support it, which of course your notion is unsupportable and over-the-top.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

You'd have to devote your life to Bible theology and deep research of all the Bible translations to even ATTEMPT to support that claim.

You see what I am talking about?

-Sab

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Sab- I am an incredibly Critical Thinker- and have studies translations for well over 30 years- so I KNOW what I'm talking about; why do you think they can't give ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of a Mistake made?

Here's one for YOU:

Gen 2:7-And Jehovah God formeth the man -- dust from the ground, and breatheth into his nostrils breath of life, and the man becometh a living creature. - Young's

Gen 2:7- And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a livingsouL - KJV

Gen 2:7 - Then the LORD God formed a man from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

In our NWT, the hebrew word Nephesh is CONSISTANTLY rendered "soul"- no musical chairs to mislead. The fish in the oceans are referred to as souls- BBUUUUUUTTTT most translations make it "creatures" or "fish"...

They, as the Jews did with God's Name, try to HIDE what it really is!

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

Thanks Cantleave.

They used to bang on about tithes etc. when I used to attend the KH and I never understood where they got their information from as the implication was that "churches" meaning all did this.

However, if it just minority, i.e. Mormons etc., then the speakers on the platform were giving out false information and I guess those listening just weren't aware that it was incorrect and therefore didn't question it. How they do their research is beyond me because it obviously isn't thorough and accurate.

LI

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Another claim devoid of example.

How SHOCKING!

• Chalam
    Chalam

Sab- I am an incredibly Critical Thinker- and have studies translations for well over 30 years- so I KNOW what I'm talking about

Looks like I am in the right place then :)

Can you tell me where the NWT gets the words "active" and "force" from? I can't see either in the Hebrew? http://biblos.com/genesis/1-2.htm

Blessings,

Stephen

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Sab- I am an incredibly Critical Thinker- and have studies translations for well over 30 years- so I KNOW what I'm talking about; why do you think they can't give ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of a Mistake made?

Where is your research published?

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    They, as the Jews did with God's Name, try to HIDE what it really is!

I agree, every Bible is bias.

The NWT is no different.

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit