New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures...

by Joliette 109 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sabastious
    sabastious
    why do you think they can't give ONE SINGLE EXAMPLE of a Mistake made?

No one wants to argue with you, is that hard for you to understand?

You aren't here for truth, you're here to defend your bias translation of the Bible and your backwards cult of a religion. You have an agenda, and I would wager that you don't even know your own glaring bias. You probably get your panties in a twist if anyone calls you bias because "you have spent so much time proving it to yourself" by bias and subjective means of course.

-Sab

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Good Question, Chalam!

Holy "Spirit" and Holy "Ghost" are how they translate the Hebrew "ruach" meaning "Breath or Wind"

Thus, it is holy (clean, pure, set aside) wind / breath- the words used in ancient times to refer to unseen energy....forces that were ACTIVE!

By breaking ti down to the original meaning no subconscious programming of a Holy Ghost God.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Thanks MadJW.

Surely, any bible claiming to be the most accurate (as the NWT claims) should have breath or wind in Genesis 1:2, not "active force".

Blessings,

Stephen

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Good Question, Chalam!

Does anyone else understand this type of MJW response as condescending?

That's why he's on the forum, to talk down to people who don't believe the same as him.

This guy is a patronizing sonbich, and I sure as hell aint giving him any more of my time.

Good day (god I wish this forum had an ignore function).

-Sab

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Hmmmm! You mean the implication that STUPID questions exist?

Sab, sab, sab- you get today's award-

Amazing how all of you can day & night accuse and insult us- and then whine like a wittle baby when I dish it back...

The Whiney Baby Award goes to..... sabastious

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Amazing how all of you can day & night accuse and insult us- and then whine like a wittle baby when I dish it back...

Your response was asinine and did not even come close to supporting your claim of NWT "supreme superiority".

You are nothing but an incorrigible man seeking to toot his own horn and damn anyone with opposing views to your "wealth of knowledge."

I salute you! On your death bed you can look back on a life of "giving it to" those pesky apostates of JWN!

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

What was my "stupid" question?

Asking you to support your claim?

-Sab

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Read you post, will you?

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Read you post, will you?

This is not intelligible. Please re-state.

-Sab

• allelsefails
    allelsefails

Mad - If I may interject. I read a response yiou gave earlier this thread and wanted to comment.

The Greek septuigint (which included books you consider Aprocrypha) did include the YHWH in Hebrew interjected in the Greek text. The point being made is that there are no Greek manuscripts of the New Tesatament - Greek Scriptures that use any form of the divine name. For some reason the NWT has added the name Jehovah where it does not appear in any of the oldest manuscripts.

Please don't misunderstand me - the name Jehovah or Yaweh belongs 6,000 times in the Old Testament/Hebrew Scriptures. But appears exactly 0 times int he New Testament/ Greek Scriptures. I am not a trinitarian, but I cant understand the thinking of changing the bible to fit what you want it to say. Rather than translating accurately and letting the bible teach you what it means.

Allelsefails

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit