Sleaze Update...

by White Dove 209 Replies latest social relationships

• White Dove
    White Dove

Email exchange just a minute ago:

Him: "I just wanted to let you know that I never had any intention of causing any harm. And I apologize for anything that seemed that way."

Me: "It was sleazy. I'm not that kind of person. Married men have reason to hide that kind of Sin City behavior in the refuge of parks. Sneaky, sleazy, and not at all respectful of the other's dignity. Women who agree to such behavior have issues and are sent to...YOU. Oops, a bit unethical, wouldn't you say?"

This sleaze bag is in the mental health profession. This is a huge faux pas for a person in his occupation. I've studied ethics in depth, and this is a serious breach of trust. You cannot encourage a person to do something to themselves or others that would put them at risk, in this case mentally/emotionally/disorderly. He would face scrutiny if caught. It's a career wrecking thing. Remember the politician busted in a tea room?

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Unless he knows you have a history of mental health issues I am not sure how it an an ethics issue, but he is a dick.

• yknot
    yknot

Mental Health Professional....... sounds like he failed to 'heal thyself'

Just firmly reply for him to cease and desist any further contact.

(what a loser, he is just trying to make excuses in hopes of keeping you on a back burner for a later go)

• White Dove
    White Dove

I don't have a history of mental health issues. His behavior complicates things for the public who may seek out services and be referred to him. It's a poor service to the public. This is covered in college ethics courses.

Yknot,

I thought about that. No chance on my part.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

White Dove..

Cut off communication with Weirdo-Boy..

He`s gonna try to get your trust..

I`m not really Weird..

I just like to take Women I hardly know,to Secluded places..

Where there is no Chance for Escape..

...OUTLAW

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Wow, I missed something.

I'm not sure ethics have been violated if he propositioned you, unless you have a professional (reporting or client/therapist) relationship with him.

I fully support your rebuffing him.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

His behavior complicates things for the public who may seek out services and be referred to him. It's a poor service to the public. This is covered in college ethics courses.

How does it complicate things? I am not at all sure how his sexual preferences means he can't treat people.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

He is not worth it. If it was me I would think "next"!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

What is the background? Someone post a link to the begining of the story please.

• Violia
    Violia

Not enough information here. If he is just hitting on you, as they say, then just say No if you have no interest. His being in the mental health profession has nothing to do with anything, unless you sought him out for help or are currently his patient.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit