So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree totally brotherdan,

I see that too, The problem is they need to completely control his thinking, until that happens, there will be problems in serving them to the full.

It's all about control.

• Wrong Way
    Wrong Way

MadJW - you can consider me as your friend!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

You're right, wasblind.

MadJW, can you please answer this question. And this isn't meant to argue, or prove any point.

You have heard MOST people on this board refer to the organization as a "Mind Control" organization. Can you tell me, if you were under some sort of mind control, how would you know it? Is there any way that you could come to the conclusion that you were under mind control if no one told you first?

• cantleave
    cantleave

Madjw you can consider me as someone who posts on the site you shouldn't be on.

• Ding
    Ding

Hi Mad,

You wrote: "My choices: Ignore all the facts, and pretend to be an Athiest, stay ignorant as a Catholic, or another church, hope to keep my faith strong by just reading the Bible & prayer on my own....or obey Christ in preaching the Good News of the Kingdom in a basically wonderful Brotherhood, run by brothers thinking WAY too much of themselves, as Jesus' Apostles used to. As Kings in Israel used to."

Of those choices, I really think your best option would be to read the Bible and pray on your own for awhile.

Make sure of all things. Hold fast to what is fine.

Decide what YOU believe the Bible's message is, not what the Pope or the FDS or Reverend So-and-So or someone on this forum tell you it is.

You'll get a very different view than what the WT teaches.

I think you may well conclude that the problem with "preaching the good news of the kingdom" is that the Watchtower's "good news of the kingdom" is not the "good news of the kingdom" the NT itself proclaims. No less a devoted Jehovah's Witness than GB member Ray Franz came to that conclusion. I'm not saying you should believe it because Ray did. I'm just saying that you should open your mind to that possibility and investigate.

If that conclusion is correct, then preaching a false or misleading "good news" is the last thing you would want to do! Galatians 1:8-9

If it would help you in your study, I'll be glad to PM you back and forth so you can have someone to bounce thoughts off. I'm not asking you to trust my judgment; I wouldn't want you to. Trust that the holy spirit can enlighten you without the need for some human teacher to tell you what to think. John 14:26.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks, BD, thought I've been talking too MUCH of myself, SAB, and have seen enough bad examples, WAS; no interest in more!

Again Truth IS Truth- no matter how painful!

AND, BD- I always took the FDS coprolite with a grain of salt...now with a BARREL of salt, after all MY experiences!

It's the SAME pattern in the first congregations, the Apostles, and with Israel; the Good, the Bad...and the Ugly!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I've gotta disagree with you about the apostles, MadJW. Sure they did their bad stuff before Jesus died, but they got most of their $hit together after his ressurection. There were minor disputes here and there, but they didn't have any of the sordid history like the WTS has had.

But seriously, Mad, you WOULDN'T know you were under mind control, unless someone told you that you were. Right?

• wasblind
    wasblind

I'm still interested Mad,

I have to go for now, got some things to do around the house.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Thanks, WAS- was just saying there were problems flaws and SOME hypocrasy, BD- as with Peter pretending he was still under the Mosaic Law in fear of the local Pharisees...

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Donny- I have ALWAYS known it to be "God's Organization" ONLY in the sense that it was in the same manner of the Early Congregations...that became corrupted in time...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit