So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep
    All I know is that he grew up catholic and became a JW at 19

Ahhh. That explains why he is so much like my parents. Us born in's don't have to save face for our involvement in the cult, because it was forced on us by our parents. MJW and my family don't have this excuse.

My parents have been fooled into preaching bArmygeddon 'soon' for over 70 years.

How long are you going to keep it up MJW?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Mad still ain't came to his own party ?

Lady Lee showed up for the one he threw for her!!!

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Your sincerity deeply touches me! And I HAVEN'T seen this topic, till BD pasted a link. I don't have the time to tell all- and won't ANYWAY; no personal info on the net.

Started @ 16, when my buddies and I were thieves (confession salved what little conscience I had).

JWs came to my door- whom I ignored. My best friend at school was a JW- who I ignored when he tried to preach to me.

T'was 1967- and seeing what the Viet Cong were doing, and being a tough guy, I was getting ready to join the Marines, and kill me some...

Was given a Ouiji Board for my birthday- and it started telling me what grades I would make on my exams! Amazed, I took it to be angels guiding my hands (I did it myself, eyes closed- opening when hands stopped), and bragged about how the angels were working with me to the JWs who came to the door....Big Mistake (as I thought back then!) heh

More tomorrow; plenty of ammo for you to ridicule!

• elderelite
    elderelite

no ridicule, JW. Just wanted to hear your story... i look forward to hearing more tommarow

• wasblind
    wasblind

Nobody wants to be riddiculed Mad. to be heard and understood, but not riddiculed.

• yknot
    yknot

Maddie.....

Some of us actually do want to be your friend.....

You love jah and want the Org to be all it can be......

it is hard to admit the more 'human imperfection' side of theology when you see good in arianism, no hell and IoS....

Are you still getting trashed and branded on FB?

Anywho...... luvs ya Maddie-Boo-Bear!

• tec
    tec

Mad can also carry on a sincere and considerate conversation. I've seen him do it with NotACaptive :)

Tammy

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

We had a pretty good discussion. I thought so anyway. It is possible.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

I am curious to know and not bash. Try not to get defensive and open up without giving details that could identify you.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Hey- I bash a lot of your dogma & judgements- so don't mind if you bash any of MY thoughts- I was just sarcastically letting you know that it's OK!

But - you ASKED fot it....

...when they showed me what the SCRIPTURES said @ the occult, and that it was DEMONS at play- it was a shock and an affront to me; who likes to be revealed an ignorant fool?

They patiently told me that there was a HUGE world of insight one could get from reading and studying the Bible - and I accepted their offer to Study with me ONLY to prove them wrong ( I immediately had my Godfather send anti-JW Bookks, and asked fellow Catholics, discovering they were no help, so asked neighbors of different churches for input- giving me many scriptures to quote, etc).

After all, my Catholic Church had been around since a couple of centuries after Christ- and those idiot JWs for only @ 100 years...it should be EASY!

heh...

A little over TWO YEARS LATER, I told them I didn't want to study anymore- that if the CATHOLICS were wrong, the Bble must be, too- and NOT from God...

They asked me a favor- for me to go to the Library and do research on the Bible, where it came from, how it's been preserved, etc- and to let them know my findings...

I think it took me 2/3 month- after all, that's 40 freakin' years ago!

I quickly came to KNOW there was a divine connection to the Bible- so everything I had learned from it thru the studies started to sink in- but told them I would NEVER go to their Hall (besides, had no suit, nor money to buy one- poor family), and NEVER, EVER go door to door.

"Never Say Never Againnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit