So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• Ding
    Ding

Mad,

I also started out trying to prove the WTS wrong.

Problem was, I didn't know beans about the Bible and they seemed to have all the answers.

I had no idea they had changed "the truth" more often than a quick change artist changes clothing.

If I had known then what I know now, there's no way I would have been sucked in.

That's why the organization does everything they can to keep JWs from connecting with anyone who knows anything about their history.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi Mad,

I finally made it back, and like I said , I am truly interested, and what an Interesting story you have so far.

Now I"m beginning to understand why you feel the way you do about this religion, And I can come to respect

your point of view as I hope you do mine, which hopefully can lead to some very interesting discustions between

us in a more respectful manner towards each other

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hi there Ding,

I think most of us were guilty of not knowing what we should have about the Bible, that's how we got suckered in.

they Teach us how to use the Bible, in order to convert people, but discourage reading it without their literature

cause they say we won't understand it on our own. But once you put down their literature, and read the Bible alone

you begin to see things that are not right. If what they teach is truly from God, their literature would support every aspect

of the Bible, they would not need to change anything. Truth don't change, or need adjusting.

• caliber
    caliber

Hats off to Mad... who of us has not stumbled and slipped as we make are way through the muddied roads of life ?

He is honest with his thoughts to a fault..... this is wonderful .... dialog has opened up

Lets try to keep the gates of trust and communication open.. not dredging up every slip of the tongue !!

Let today be a a new page....... a fresh start !!

As you build up trust, the self protective walls of insults and sarcasm are destroyed !!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Personally, I don't think there's a such thing as a "true" religion. Every religion has flaws.

People just choose a religion that best suit them, or choose none at all. But to me the Bible

encourages each individual to have a personal relationship with Christ Jesus, It's a personal

thing, and something no man should judge you on.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Issac, thanks- but now I feel sorry for you!

Ding their history is a GOOD one- DESPITE promoting their dumb ideas about the meaning of some of the prophecies. It is a history of slowly ruling out all the Chruch Coprlite we were all led to believe!

WAS- thank you, and AMEN! Few things are more wonderful than enemies becoming friends!

Agape ALL- like it or not!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

LOL Why?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Ok Mad, that's enough, I'm really beginning to tear up now, really

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Because you're not in the truth Isaac!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin