So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

true true, mad.

My mom has justified the false prophecies in the past by saying that apostles did the same thing right before Jesus went to heaven. They asked, "Are you bringing about the kingdom at this time?" So they may have been expecting it too soon.

My response, though, is that they didn't preach all over the earth about it, and require that EVERYONE believed in a specific date. Nor would they have disfellowshiped anyone that disagreed with them. Big difference between what the GB has done and what the apostles have done.

• elderelite
    elderelite

I thank you mad for taking this seriously and posting some of your story... It is interesting and very much like many others...

however I must point out to you that there was no first centry "organization", at least not as such. An honest reading of the scriptures shows they were individual congregations, and the apostles were not a Governing Body that ran things, but rather as those directly taught by the christ they had unique insight. That insight isn't shared by anyone since no one today was personally taught by the christ. Perhaps, in line with what you wrote about researching the bible, you could research the history of the first centry congregation, not as taught by JW's but as taught by the bible itself.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

MadJW that was awsome........

Thanks... and you said you wouldn't share. If you remember I called you a 17 yr old Jw playing tuff and then ..........my Bad!!!

You are fun to debate with cause you can dish it out when needed, and be serious when a True question or thought is presented to you.

In a Movie thread we (the worldies) talked about Dogma... I went to your Thread and asked your thoughts. I was hoping you would give a serious response and you did. After we talked a little, I was satisfied and respected your view.

......................... Now go get your Shinebox!!!(Goodfellas) LOL

thanx again.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

DP- you've done the near imp[ossible- made me speechless....Thank you, my friend!

I have one more part of my story I will add tomorrow; you'll get a BIG laugh because of the sheer Irony!

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Mad, Thank you!

• Darth plaugeis
  • Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

Mad,

Your story is close to mine.

YKnot once posted that she felt the FDS had become the modern day Pharasees.

I thought I was the only one who felt that way.

Judge Dread

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Well, JD- let's see just HOW close!

Remember how I said I studied only to prove them wrong- AND that I was a Thief?

I never read the Bible, had no DESIRE to; just looked up quoted scriptures for the debate.

While studying/arguing with them, I was shot while stealing- and a blood transfusion SAVED MY LIFE! My JW buddy from school, knowing I'm an avid reader, plopped that damn (my view of it THEN) Green Bible on the hospital bed-table, saying "I brought you a book to read!"

Puzzled, knowing he knew I expected a sci-fi book, I asked him what it was! When he told me it was a Bible, I almost threw it at him in disgust!

He laughed, leaving me alone with it- the only book there, and I started, begrudgingly, reading Genesis...THAT was the FIRST time I experienced the power that radiates from the scriptures....instinctively I FELT it was true- but there were too many questions to KNOW if it was....

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Welcome, for what it's worthy, MB...

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

MadJW, don't ask me how, or why...But I have come to like you. Thanks for sharing and telling us about yourself.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit