So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

They talked me into coming to the Hall just ONE time- never again if I didn't WANT to; they even gave me a nice jacket & tie.

Meeting nice people was nice- but the simplicity of the Hall was STUNNING!

No Million-Dollar building, no statues, stained glass windows, altar with candles and chalices, no giant crucifix, no costumes, no collection plate, why there was NOTHING here to dazzle the eye!

Meeting many- I automatically sensed some were plastic- MOST weren't.

Then the first talk- whatever it was, can't remember; I learned more about the Bible (in ADDITION to the studies) than I had in my years as a kid and teen in Catholic School and Church.

And, being wild- I LOVED the Green Bible! heh

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Thank you so much for your story, MadJW. I think we all can feel a little closer to you now. It's always nice to see where someone came from and how they learned what they know.

I really appreciate you opening yourself up to this, Mad!

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thank you Mad,

I truly understand , just about everything you mentioned happened with me.

They told me to test my own religion and of course I found things not right

but when I became involve with theirs, to test, ask and seek, was in other

words questioning the GB, and that was not permitted, that was veiwed as

spiritually weak. Even the Bible encourages us to test, ask and seek. but they don't.

what do they have to hide ? Mad , you may not think so, but you have a lot in common

with those of us here. and believe it or not we do understand. Thank you for allowing us

to begin to get to know you.

• CuriousButterfly
    CuriousButterfly

Thank you for your background and appreciate your honesty.

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

I can see why someone's first impression of a KH was modesty compared to the magnificant and sometime OTT churches. Anyone put off by the whole money angle of the church would find a KH refreshing.

Anyone else not born-in think the same the first time they turned up for a meeting?

MMXIV

• wasblind
    wasblind

Yes, I was impressed with the simplicity, so I assumed that this religion was not motivated by $$$$$

and I thought that they really had my interest at heart. I was wrong, It's a money motivated corporation.

but I did meet some wonderful brothers and sisters, I just wish they would wake up. But I guess they

are saying the same of me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

It's a money motivated corporation.

When I was little, my Mom subscribed to the ragazines and had to pay for them. That set off little warning bells in my young mind even back then.

• theMadJW
    theMadJW

Well, I'm overwhelmed; thank you for the kind words! Totally unexpected, sorry to say...but I've never been smart- just creative...

About the GB- 'tis true; the brotherhood has fought SO hard to keep unity, it's become Drachonian in THAT department; the elders just BANNED me from the Ministry School when I asked to be given as few #2s as possible- it's just READING a section of the Bible, no intro or comments of ANY sort allowed- for those of you gone awhile. I told the brother it bothered my conscience to just read, and not help the congregation to UNDERSTAND some of the points....Thus my latest confrontation's a-comin'! heh

Back to my story, poor souls, that you requested. I just had to come back for more, then they wanted me to join them in field service (door to door preaching) .

I said "No WAY!"

One brother- a sneaky little guy I kinda liked, said that I wouldn't have to talk at all- just try it once as an 'observer'....

My Madness likely began here...

• sabastious
    sabastious
    More tomorrow; plenty of ammo for you to ridicule!

If you really consider yourself a victim on this forum you are more delusional than I thought.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

Mad, you have a creative and interesting voice... I'm intrigued to keep reading your story :) Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit