So what is your story MadJW

by elderelite 103 Replies latest jw friends

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Mad,

critical thinking leads to independant thinking, and we both know how the society frowns on independant thinking.

they want complete dead heads, drones. Whatever you do remember, the mind is most certainly a terrible thing to waste.

this board is full of critical thinkers and I'm glad to be amoung them

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

No Prophet needed to come to that conclusion..

Your story is played out every day,in Kingdom Halls around the world..

Openly disagree with the WBT$ and you are History.. There is no Freedom of Speech in Watchtower World..

Your about to learn that Lesson,the Hard way..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that is what has caused MadJW to see that the FDS was NOT appointed by Jesus in 1919, wasblind. I think that shows a LARGE amount of critical thinking. MadJW does have a fair bit of independent thinking. I can see this just by comparing what he says to what Alice says on her posts. She just copies and pastes articles and repeats what she has been told. I see MadJW thinking things through. And while I may not agree with his conclusions completely, I think I finally understand where he's coming from and can respect that.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Your about to learn that Lesson,the Hard way..

Assuming that he is telling the truth, that is.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Hey Mad,

have you ever heard Mouthys story, about how the elders turned their back on her.

I hope you have a chance to look it up. The things this religion does reminds me of

how children act on the play ground at school, "well shut you out if you don't do like we do"

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Maybe I'm naive...But I believe his story this time. Good details and they are consistent with what I've seen him post before.

(Hey MadJW, who would've thought I'd be defending you?!? )

• cantleave
    cantleave

Yep green bible and pupleish song book - I always loved that combination.

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Well, sab- you're either dense- or new here...

You use a lot of words but don't say a lot.

I would suggest reversing that, which I have seen a little in this thread.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    My choices: Ignore all the facts, and pretend to be an Athiest, stay ignorant as a Catholic, or another church, hope to keep my faith strong by just reading the Bible & prayer on my own....or obey Christ in preaching the Good News of the Kingdom in a basically wonderful Brotherhood, run by brothers thinking WAY too much of themselves, as Jesus' Apostles used to. As Kings in Israel used to.

It's perfectly logical for this list to be your ONLY choices no?

-Sab

• donny
    donny

I understand much of where MadJW is coming from. When you have been in the org for years and years, it is hard to just walk away in one fell swoop. You feel like you have invested so much time and effort in the organization and you also feel kind of pissed that the group is slowly revealing itself to not be what you had believed it was.

It is not a easy jourrney for many and once you accept that it is not "Gods organization", then you go through the "where do I go now" phase. I am glad that time has passed for me.

Donny

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit