Christians: Do you believe Jesus is the only way?

by sabastious 209 Replies latest jw friends

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

NVL - And even though we do that we will still form our own point of view. Everybody does, even you.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

NVL - And even though we do that we will still form our own point of view. Everybody does, even you.

Of course we do. However, suggesting that all POVs are equal is silly at best.

• snowbird
    snowbird
    If so, do you understand the condemnation this belief puts on 3 quarters of the world?
    -Sab

Your question was about the 3/4 who don't view Jesus as the Way.

There is no condemnation for them. How could there be?

I use a paraphrased Bible (The Message) because it gets the point across better than most.

Syl

Syl

• sabastious
    sabastious
    suggesting that all POVs are equal is silly at best.

Indeed, I believe the "everybody's a winner" argument is very lazy thinking.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    I use a paraphrased Bible (The Message) because it gets the point across better than most.

I looked up a few of the scriptures you posted in actual translations and there were some very questionable differences.

I would suggest using a translation if you are going to use the Bible to prove a point.

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious
    There is no condemnation for them. How could there be?

You said that they are not condemned because Revalation accounts for those who I am referring to (people in countries not availble to Christianity for what ever reason).

Revalation is a terrible reference IMO. It has about 10 trillian different interpretations (yet you seem to quote it like it's obvious, think about that for a second.)

-Sab

• sabastious
    sabastious

Syl, you never answered this question:

sabastious: Please give me an equally descriptive scripture(s) that supports your concept of "others coming to the Father, later on."

John 14:6 is very easy to understand and descriptive as Jesus is talking to his disciples.

Your argument to my OP is that Revalation accounts for the people Jesus is NOT referring to when he says:

No one comes to the Father except through me

Please give me an equally concise (not a parable or interpreted vision) scripture or scriptures that refers to this "other group" that is not counted in the above quote.

-Sab

• tec
    tec

You didn't ask me, Sab, and I think perhaps Leaving was asking earlier about those who don't belong to Christ, so here is the clearest scripture I can currently think of, concerning the fate of some of those who do not belong to Christ:

Matthew 10: 42 "And if anyone gives a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

Tammy

• tec
    tec

Of course... this might mean that they actually DO belong to Christ... whether they know it or not, themselves.

Tammy

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Matt: 10: 37-42: 37 "Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38 and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.
    40 "He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the one who sent me. 41 Anyone who receives a prophet because he is a prophet will receive a prophet's reward, and anyone who receives a righteous man because he is a righteous man will receive a righteous man's reward. 42 And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones because he is my disciple, I tell you the truth, he will certainly not lose his reward."

^ What does the bolded text mean?

I'm trying to figure out the context here:

Anyone who helps out a follower of Jesus (Prophets and Rightous ones) will be rewarded the same reward of the Prophets and the Rightous? And if anyone gives a cup of water to the ones that helped the Prophets and the Rightous will be a beneficiary as well?

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit