My Lord spoke and told me to post

by watersprout 213 Replies latest jw friends

• cult classic
    cult classic

SBC those questions make absolutely no sense... just kidding

• AGuest
    AGuest

They are valid questions, very (peace to you, dear SBC)... and completely answerable by anyone in union with Christ.

I bid you all peace...

A slave of Christ,

SA, who had a late dinner out with hubby last evening (mmmmm!) and a very busy "end of the quarter reports are due" morning at work... so please forgive my "tardiness," dear GN -

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Ok I didnt get an answer to my 2p post on page 6 so I'll restate it again for the "hearing voices" club. Please ask yourselves this question:

If your LORD told you to kill someone, or do some other thing that would normally conflict with your conscience centre ... would you do it? This is not some OTHER voice btw, so dont use that excuse, it is YOUR LORDs voice, the one you are familiar with. Lets say Your LORD tells you to kill a familly member who is mocking your new found zeal, or take out the Pope because he is the AntiChrist, take your pick.

WS you are sounding more like Aguest with every passing post. Cant you just speak like normal people without the over done religious inflections? Ok ignore that bit, just answer the 1st question honestly please...

Cheers

• Inkie
    Inkie

SBCheezits:

Forgive for responding to this as I know your questions were not directed to me, but to Watersprout. But, I feel compelled to answer here, if you don’t mind. I hope Watersprout won’t mind. You wrote:

Do you accept every claim others might make of hearing the voice of God, so long as they seem like a good, spiritual human?

I think the operative clause in your question is: “so long as they seem like a good, spiritual human.” Why would you choose to question such a one knowing that they “seem like a good, spiritual human”? If they do not seem to be a “good, spiritual human,” then it would behoove us to be mindful of the words of our Lord: “By their fruits you will know them,” yes? Bad fruit, bad tree; good fruit, good tree. We are instructed to “test the inspired expressions” to whether or not they originate with God. How do you test? You test by “love.” That is the determining factor. Is what is stated originating from love? If not, then it does not originate from God. Easy.

• How do you determine which ones to believe and which ones to write off as being in a state of psychosis?

I think I have answered this one above. Psychosis is defined as: “ any severe mental disorder in which contact with reality is lost or highly distorted.” Interesting. You tell me something. If, from all appearances, reality is intact and the only exception to that (according to you) is that one hears a voice, how has reality been lost or highly distorted? Simply because YOU didn’t hear the voice?

• Should a person not question himself when he hears such a voice?

Yes, of course. Again, we are instructed to test/question the inspired expression.

• Would a person who is in a state of psychosis realize it?

Probably not.

• What steps have you taken to eliminate the possibility that your mind was the source of the voice?

While it is true that the voice I heard was heard from within me, so to speak, as it was NOT an audible voice from outside of me, I know it did not originate WITH me. I realize that for some that this is rather subjective, however. What steps do you suggest be taken? I'm being serious here.

--Inkie

• Inkie
    Inkie

Witness My Fury:

Please, no offense is intended but, WHY do people ask this stupid question?

"If your LORD told you to kill someone, or do some other thing that would normally conflict with your conscience centre ... would you do it? . . . Lets say Your LORD tells you to kill a familly member who is mocking your new found zeal, or take out the Pope because he is the AntiChrist, take your pick."

OBVIOUSLY . . . it's not the true Lord, is it? If God is love (and He is) and Christ is the exact representation of God's being (and He is), then any voice that says to do the above IS NOT the voice of the True God or of His Christ.

--Inkie

• startingover
    startingover

I was hoping someone would comment on Witness My Fury's post:

The statement that unless it involved LOVE the words of the LORD to you would be false is incorrect. There's plenty of killing and ethnic cleansing going on in the OT directly quoted from the LORD, to go killing men women, children and even their animals.
    So you're saying that Moses and Abraham etc should have listened to their conscience instead of the LORD? The fluffy fuzzy cuddly NT LORD was there then too you know when all that killing was going on egging them on. ......So when he says KILL in YOUR ear....you'd better bloody well do it OK?

Seems to me Abraham's situation is totally getting ignored by you voice hearers.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Indeed.

• steve2
    steve2
    OBVIOUSLY . . . it's not the true Lord, is it?

You have the temerity to call the question "stupid" and then as if to emphasize your point used the bolded, capitalized OBVIOUSLY, to imply the true Lord wouldn't request that a believer kill another.

Now it's your turn to make a stupid statement. Look no further than the pages of the venomous,blood-soaked pages of the Holy Bible, the Old Testament in particular, to see examples of Yahweh speaking to his chosen people to commit genocide in His sacred name. Get acquainted with the books of Judges and Joshua for too many sickening examples of Divine violence through the hands of his chosen people.

Little wonder that the Old Testament has heralded the way for religious nutters everywhere to claim their obedience to "Divine" instruction to justify their violent deeds. Wake up and smell the stench of "righteous" blood-lust in the Bible before calling the question stupid.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

or the Flood

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

wait .....YUK I have to defend God....

He didn't have anyone kill for the flood...... he did that himself.

Sorry God.

She-devil

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit