Glenn Beck

by will_the_apostate 157 Replies latest watchtower bible

• journey-on
    journey-on
    Ahh, dear JO... peace to you... and please forgive if I "offended" you

My dear Shelby...you have not offended me in the least. I did not speak off the cuff when I made the statements I made about Beck or Obama. Neither man is perfect, much less a saint. My words regarding Obama, if you go deep in your own heart and hear, ring true, my dear. (Listen.) I am not the one "judging" him. Note that I said "if I had to put money on what Obama is". I didn't say these words based on any sort of unfounded or prejudicial judgment from me. That's all I can tell you regarding that here.

I don't judge Beck either. But, you yourself admit that you do not listen to him. Perhaps you should try with a non-prejudicial heart. Don't let your ego get in the way. Are you listening to others who hate his message rather than hearing for yourself? Do you even know what his message is? Or, have you taken small sound bites here and there and formed an opinion based on less than accurate information? Are you listening with deaf ears? Let me correct your "pecking order" if I may for the U.S. Marine slogan....it always puts God first.....always.

To call someone a hypocrit based on your own understanding is pretty weighty (to use your own words, dear Shelby). Had you said to me that your words sound hypocritical, perhaps the slap would have been less injurious, but the personal name-calling and attack tells me you have done this from a human perspective based on ego, rather than from a more enlightened place. We are all imperfect, however, and make errors in judgment. Now, I have another thought and I respectfully ask you to set aside your personal ego and go to that place of which you know I'm talking about and take this with you.

I have struggled with, meditated and prayed about, the balance between mercy and severity. I have asked the questions about when, how, and to whom love should be directed. I have dwelled on Jesus' words to love your enemies and to turn the other cheek, etc. And here is what I have been given. Love (real love) is a balance between the two. Too much mercy, anarchy rules, fear sets in and creates a fertile place for evil to grow. It must be balanced by justice which involves discipline and sacrifice at times. However, too much severity, oppression sets in and it hinders our freedoms, and causes stagnation. Love is neither. It is the perfect balance between mercy and discipline/severity. Only when this balance is maintained will Perfect Love reign, so love (the perfect balance) must be directed to all....friend and foe alike.

God is this Perfect Love, the Perfect Balance between mercy and severity. When you lean too far one way or the other, love is distorted. So, to answer your question, dear Shelby, I stand with Love. I bid YOU peace, truly.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

For people to actually declare that Beck is all true blue American, a patriot - that he embodies ALL that is America and represents Americans...well, that says it all to the rest of the world doesn't it? This is a guy who was caught squirting liquid into his eyes so that he could convince his audience, the one he as an entertainer, entertains, that he was sobbing with heartfelt emotion. He's a phony. So if you think his actions make him the best representative of what America stands for, I feel sorry for you.

Beck is low brow humor. I used to listen to his talk show when he was an entertainer...he could be every bit as nasty as Dr Laura, but for an entertainer it's all about ratings and once he got them he moved to television. I watched him there a few times but couldn't take his fake rage followed by his fake tears followed by his sermons.

He isn't the worst person in the world but he thrives only because he is a good entertainer...as for his religion-like many people who have addictions, Beck turned his life around by conquering one addiction with another crutch. He has no problem saying that Mormonism turned his life around - and while conquering addiction is always a good thing, transferring that addiction and all that negativity right back into religion as a savior, lends to more instability.

He does have the right to his free speech and he used it. On the offshoot, I can't stand Al Sharpton but I do understand people being upset. Beck speaks of honor - this from the phony teared guy who would use dishonor to fool a gullible audience...and he speaks as both a prophet and a founding father, or as his cause being one equal to the civil rights of MLK. That is what upsets the Sharptons of the world apparently - the fact that Becks message is not of civil rights but of dismantling the USA into a vision of his world - one where America is run by God. According to Beck, God left and it is his responsibility to bring God back home. sammieswife

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I like Glen. Because he is bold and reports on the things others journalists are afraid to touch.

It's not that journalists are afraid to touch it, it's because what Glen does is not journalism. What Glen does pull "facts" out of thin air and concocts an entertaining (to some) story with them. What he does should never, ever be construed with anything even close to journalism.

I thinks he is healthy debate for the country.

A healthy debate is where both sides seek the truth based on the same set of obvious facts. Glen Beck at the very least has an extremely warped idea of "truth." To him, anything is "true" if it accomplishes a goal he wishes to be accomplished. Take for example his gratuitous usage of the dubious founding father quotes he gets from revisionist conman David Barton. Or how about the Goldline scam he endorses?

I thought the rally today was too Churchy. :)

If you like Glen Beck then this should not have surprised you.

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Not just the libs that are going 'apechit' over it....now, apparently Ron Paul had a few things to say...last time I looked over my shoulder, Ron Paul was nowhere near to being a liberal - sammieswife.

----------

Ron Paul Says Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin are Fakes, Liars. Says Tea Party is Being Had...

Digital Meeting Center

ron paul

Ron Paul has some surprising news for the Tea Party:

You’re being taken for a ride.

At least this is what many libertarians like Ron Paul believe when they see someone like Glenn Beck or Sarah Palin trying to lead the Tea Party at the “restoring honor” rally this weekend. In fact, Ron Paul believes, if you’re looking for real freedom, you should really go back to the core of the constitution and the bill of rights, which Beck and Palin do not fully endorse when you really look at their beliefs. Whether it be Palin’s support for starting more wars or Beck’s beliefs on paying the private Federal Reserve MORE interest on our money by means of a VAT tax.

Ron Paul believes in neither of the above.

Here was Ron Paul’s message to the Tea Party via The New York Times just the other day:

“As many frustrated Americans who have joined the Tea Party realize, we cannot stand against big government at home while supporting it abroad. We cannot talk about fiscal responsibility while spending trillions on occupying and bullying the rest of the world. We cannot talk about the budget deficit and spiraling domestic spending without looking at the costs of maintaining an American empire of more than 700 military bases in more than 120 foreign countries. We cannot pat ourselves on the back for cutting a few thousand dollars from a nature preserve or an inner-city swimming pool at home while turning a blind eye to a Pentagon budget that nearly equals those of the rest of the world combined.”

While the Tea Party will be out supporting Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin this weekend, you wonder how many of them will be in full support of more wars and paying more interest to a group of untouchable and unauditable private bankers otherwise known as the FED? This is precisely what Ron Paul is asking the American public to consider when looking at the Tea Party leaders and see if they really stand for what they believe in.

Ron Paul believes the Tea Party is not about “left” or “right” like a lot of political pundits make it out to be. It’s about the constitution, and limited governmen

• nancy drew
  • sammielee24
    sammielee24

Another interesting point of view on his master of phoniness. sammieswife.

-------------------------

Glenn Beck Cult Holds Creepy Revival at Lincoln Memorial in DC

Andrew Steele
    America 20xy
    August 29, 2010

People gathered Saturday in DC at the Lincoln Memorial as part of an event that Glenn Beck was hosting. The rally was a hybrid neocon pep rally/religious revival, consisting of pictures on a giant TV screen of famous moments from American history, along with inspirational music, waving flags, and talk of destiny and God from a loudmouth Fox News preacher who hides the insincerity in his eyes behind a thick layer of glasses while weeping in breathy sobs to mask his laughter.

obamalights.jpg
    Glenn Beck arrives to speak at his ‘Restoring Honor’ rally in front of the Lincoln Memorial in Washington, Saturday, Aug. 28, 2010.

A speaker at the event even said “Glenn Beck is one of America’s most trusted and honored citizens”.

With Beck being inserted into the mainstream consciousness as the “patriot” opposition to Barack Obama and his gang of globalist thugs, so many who now wave the Gadsden flag and give lip service to the Constitution watch Beck with fawning adoration, having forgotten or choosing to ignore the kind of person the man really is.

Just a few years ago Glenn Beck implied that Ron Paul supporters were dangerous potential terrorists, contributing to the mainstream media marginalization of Paul’s campaign in favor of neocon candidates like John McCain and Mitt Romney who advocated more war and more loss of civil liberties. Beck also led the swarm on grassroots Constitutionalist candidate for TX Governor Debra Medina in a calculated attempt to knock the feet out from under her campaign before she could outshine the mainstream Republicans in the primary.

In 2009, without any basis whatsoever, Glenn Beck falsely stated that the Holocaust museum shooter, James W. von Brunn, was a “hero” to people who question the official story of 9/11– a transparently deliberate attempt to associate the Truth movement with violence.

Even in non-political settings and non-9/11 related issues Beck has shown contempt for average people he considers himself superior to. A good example of this is an old segment on his radio show called “Moron Trivia” in which he would call convenience stores and ask the beleaguered workers there trivial questions about current issues while secretly ridiculing them to his audience. Though Glenn Beck gleefully pretended he was doing the cruel segment against his own will, the fact is that if he truly didn’t want to do it, he wouldn’t have. It’s much like a sadistic husband beating his wife, all the while voicing his regret over what her actions are making him do.

Someone once said, “When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross.” Though Beck talks of God and stopping injustice, he advocates the hazardous and bloody neocon foreign policies that have killed countless innocents, made America more hated around the world, and further weakened our national security. Indeed, Glenn Beck’s establishment backed rise as a “patriot leader” is simply plan B for shepherding the patriot movement back to the fake left/right machine, and channeling public outrage at Obama’s actions as President into a form that can be manipulated and controlled…the same way Obama did for liberals who opposed the actions of George W. Bush.

Manipulating the people of a country that have been the victims of psyops over and over again, and who are looking for leaders to believe in, is not only self-serving, but mean. Because Beck has the showmanship and organizational backing to pull off his deception he has decided to take his thirty pieces of silver and proudly display them as “Godly”.

Some are falling for it. Many others are not.

The only accidentally true statement Glenn Beck uttered during his speech at the rally is something he said when talking about World War 2 and the memorial in DC– “You cannot coexist with evil”.

Perhaps a few activists in 9/11 Truth shirts should have shown up at Beck’s rally. (If any did, I don’t know.) That way some real patriotism and justice could be injected into Beck’s adoring mob.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    When I say regarding Glenn Beck: "he is also Christian",I am not judging him. I'll leave that up to someone higher than me that can read the inner man. He considers himself such....and quite sincerely and deeply. What goes on between him and Him is not my business.

Yes, but JO, you are judging Beck's claim to Christianity and assessing it as 'sincere and deep.' Yet you do not give the same benefit of the doubt in your judgment of Obama's claim to Christianity.

Furthermore, you have taken Shelby's words and manipulated them quite dishonestly by claiming that what you said did not mean what you said. (How you can convince yourself of that is beyond me.)

Hypocrite is exactly the right word. My dear.

Apparently the GOP is bringing us a new version of McCarthyism only this time, instead of American Communists being the bogeyman, it is American Christians. Loyalty oaths cannot be far behind.

I’m a rodeo clown. I say on the air all time, ‘if you take what I say as gospel, you’re an idiot.’

~Glenn Beck

P.S. Final estimate from CBS: 87,000 in attendance. Pretty good for a rodeo clown.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

People who take Beckkk too seriously deserve exactly how they feel. I realize that any kind of sustained noise is irritating. Typically, I try to remove myself from the noise.

It appears that he talked a lot about god. Not surprising. Since becoming a Mormon, he has "cleaned up his life." Which is good for him. I congratulate him on that.

He is allowed to say that America needs to "get back to god." I am allowed to say that I don't think America is any less god fearing, just a lot more accepting of those who disagree with organized religion.

I disagree with what the man says. To me, he is an idiot. An idiot with a lot to say deserves less of an audience. Why debate about what he says. Like it matters? His schtick is noise. He makes money the more noise he makes. Thus, expect more noise from Glen Beckkk.

Here is how I handled it after watching the news. I wrote a little op piece on this board, and am now watching baseball. Beckkk will always feel the way he does. I ain't changing that. And no one is changing how I feel on matters either. Bummer.

• chickpea
    chickpea

P.S. Final estimate from CBS: 87,000 in attendance. Pretty good for a rodeo clown

the figure was determined by air photos live that suggests a margin of error
    +/- 9,000

i wonder how the numbers were impacted by former gov palin's presence

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

the figure was determined by air photos live that suggests a margin of error+/- 9,000

Yes, between 78,000 and 96,000; MOE makes it 87,000.

Palin probably increased the attendance significantly. These people love her brand of shtick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit