Glenn Beck

by will_the_apostate 157 Replies latest watchtower bible

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

Do J Dubs like Glenn Beck? They seem like peas in a pod to me

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

When he was on HLN, I did catch an episode of his show devoted to the subject of the imminence of the apocalypse, and what signs there are that the end is soon. I shook my head incredulously that this was on a CNN-affiliated network.

• Terry
    Terry

Beck is an American original.

Sincere apple-pie, motherhood, American flag, gee gosh golly kind of guy.

Former alcholic. Got Jesus (and the Mormon church).

True Believer.

He makes about 25 million a year.

About as far from a Jehovah's Witness as you can get. Why? PATRIOTIC!

Incidentally...I've been watching MSNBC, CNN and FOX cover the GLENN BECK rally in Washington D.C.

Talk about polarized views filtered out by ideology!!

There is really no such thing as objectivity or neutrality in reporting any more.

I'm disgusted with the state of the art in reporting!

• bohm
    bohm

It took a while before i realized Glenn Beck was not a comedian.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

His DC event is drawing a huge crowd, today.

• Phigment2
    Phigment2

I like Glen. Because he is bold and reports on the things others journalists are afraid to touch.

I don't agree with everything he says.

I thinks he is healthy debate for the country.

I thought the rally today was too Churchy. :)

• will_the_apostate
    will_the_apostate

wait bohm... he isn't a comedian???

p.s. holding a rally on the steps on the lincoln memorial on aug 28th... what an original idea!!!! nobody has ever thought to do that

• Palimpsest
    Palimpsest

His DC event is drawing a huge crowd, today.

Yeah, but at least 25% of that crowd is liberals there to gawk. Hell, I'd have gone if I were in the area. (There's been some great live-tweeting of the rally from liberals on the ground.) It'll be interesting to see how Fox News reports the numbers versus how other outlets do.

As far as active Dubs liking Beck goes, I just can't see it. He's too political and he's too adamantly against social welfare programs. Also, he expects people to have an active interest in history, which most Dubs don't unless we're talking about "history" as told by the WTBTS. If anything, they'd probably see him as fulfilling prophecy in a negative way.

• villabolo
    villabolo

He introduced his

Black Robe regiment today!

VILLABOLO

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

There are a lot of idiots at his DC event today - his words, not mine:

I’m a rodeo clown,” Beck said in an interview, adding with a coy smile, “It takes great skill.”

He added later: “I say on the air all time, ‘if you take what I say as gospel, you’re an idiot.’

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit