Glenn Beck

by will_the_apostate 157 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I don't listen to much of what Glenn Beck says. But... I love to watch his show, to hear in the lefts own words, what they really think.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Thank you, dear BizzyBee... and peace to you!

Dearest JO... the greatest of love and peace to you! I would like to address your comments to me, if I may - thank you!

you yourself admit that you do not listen to him.

I don't listen to any of "them", dear JO. Why in the world should I? I mean, if I profess to TRULY follow Christ, to whom else SHOULD I listen? Each of them serve man's agenda... and their own. But as the song goes, "He can't even run his own life..." As far as I'm concerned, change "run" to "save". IMHO, they're just men... with personal outlooks and political agendas. They need the attention and publicity they get, good and bad. More power to them. But, you're right... I don't listen to him...

Perhaps you should try with a non-prejudicial heart.

My heart was not prejudicial against anyONE, dear one, but I admit I do have a problem with their agendas. As to listening to Mr. Beck, however... or any of them... I have to ask what on earth FOR? None of them serve God's will. Their loyalty is to their "country." While it is true that I am an American citizen, I would no more take America's position over any other, if it is WRONG... than I would take California's over, say, Montana's. Just as I am part of a nation of states, I am part of a globe of countries. In Christ, however, there are no patriotic loyalities... or geographical boundaries. My concern is to be for my fellow man, regardless of his country... and regardless of his regard... or lack thereof... for me. Now, if I didn't profess to BE a christian that might be another story. But I do...

Don't let your ego get in the way. Are you listening to others who hate his message rather than hearing for yourself?

Where did you get I was listening to anyone? I stated that they are ALL characters and NON of them are "christians," including Mr. Obama... and Mr. Wright. Where did you misunderstand me? I took issue with your claim of an inability to judge Mr. Beck... but apparently some ability to judge Mr. Obama... as being christian. I did not discriminate between the two... on ANY grounds... including religious or political. The same spirit that told me of the one... told me of the other. Apparently, however, that was not the case with you...

Do you even know what his message is?

Does he claim to have received it from or be led by the Holy Spirit/Christ? If not, then what does HIS "message" matter? Or Mr. Obama's, for that matter?

Or, have you taken small sound bites here and there and formed an opinion based on less than accurate information? Are you listening with deaf ears?

What are you speaking of, dear one? I don't listen to ANY of these "characters," as I stated...

Let me correct your "pecking order" if I may for the U.S. Marine slogan....it always puts God first.....always.

Surely, you jest. Surely. First, I don't believe any truthfully Marine will put it in that order for you, but even if he/she did... the fact that they will take the lives of innocents (albeit, they consider them "casualities of war")... FOR their country... when Christ, their supposed leader (and I am ONLY speaking with regard to those who claim to be "christians") specifically taught AGAINST it... PROVES who/what they put first, dear one. Not that I judge them; as with everyone, to their own master(s) they will stand or fall. But they certainly cannot convince ME of serving God first... then country... by such conduct. What if the guy on the other side is also a "christian"? How do they justify that? That the OTHER guy really WASN'T a "christian" because if HE was... HE wouldn't be fighting for HIS country?? I say that in such a case BOTH are either hypocrites... or liars... or both.

To call someone a hypocrit based on your own understanding is pretty weighty (to use your own words, dear Shelby).

It was weighty, dear one... and why I had to state it. So that perhaps you will SEE what your error was in making the statements you did. You may not have intended to be hypocritical, but your statements certainly were. But, just in case you truly don't understand, let me ask you: what is a hypocrite? Isn't it one who holds others to a standard either they... or those they love/support/excuse... cannot be held to? You're the one who stated, as to Mr. Obama: "if I had to put money on what Obama is"... then supported Mr. Beck's position as a "christian." On what, I must ask... do you base your "wager" as to what Mr. Obama "is"... and your support of Mr. Beck as a "christian"?

I didn't say these words based on any sort of unfounded or prejudicial judgment from me.

I know you didn't INTEND that, dear one... but it is what you did, as least with regard to both statements being unfounded. As for any prejudice, nothing of that sort ever came up into my mind. Perhaps you believe I stated what I did because I believed YOU to be prejudice against Mr. Obama, while favoring Mr. Beck. But that was not the case at all. I did not perceive any prejudice from you whatsoever. THAT came from you... and perhaps you need to ask yourself why that is.

Had you said to me that your words sound hypocritical, perhaps the slap would have been less injurious, but the personal name-calling and attack tells me you have done this from a human perspective based on ego, rather than from a more enlightened place.

You are absolutely correct, dear one... and I apologize, sincerely. I most probably SHOULD have said it that way. That was not how I "heard" it, though, and so posted what I heard. But I also know that while all things are lawful (i.e., I had the leeway to post it)... love should have had me PM my concerns to you. Again, I sincerely apologize.

We are all imperfect, however, and make errors in judgment.

We do... and now it appears we both did on this matter.

Now, I have another thought and I respectfully ask you to set aside your personal ego and go to that place of which you know I'm talking about and take this with you.

Truly, my ego was not involved. It was my "zeal" for what truly is "christian"... and a christian... as I stated from the start. As I stated, neither Mr. Obama OR Mr. Beck are christians. And that is the truth. You took that statement personally (and I'm not sure why) and in defending yourself (although no defense was necessary), let YOUR "zeal"... for your position... cause you to make a hypocritical judgment... that in a situation with two men who have similar agendas... their own and politics... ONE is legit, while you'd bet money the other is not.

I have struggled with, meditated and prayed about, the balance between mercy and severity. I have asked the questions about when, how, and to whom love should be directed. I have dwelled on Jesus' words to love your enemies and to turn the other cheek, etc. And here is what I have been given. Love (real love) is a balance between the two. Too much mercy, anarchy rules, fear sets in and creates a fertile place for evil to grow. It must be balanced by justice which involves discipline and sacrifice at times. However, too much severity, oppression sets in and it hinders our freedoms, and causes stagnation. Love is neither. It is the perfect balance between mercy and discipline/severity. Only when this balance is maintained will Perfect Love reign, so love (the perfect balance) must be directed to all....friend and foe alike.

Unfortunately, I must disagree as I have heard different. I have heard the mercy... triumphs over judgment. So, while I must heartily agree with what you "heard" as to mercy, the word of my Lord to ME... as to severity... is that there is NO limit on mercy. None. There is NO such thing as "too much mercy," dear one, for the Most Holy One of Israel does not fear anarchy - that is a creation... and fear... of earthling man. Mercy... IS justice... in that ALL have sinned... and thus ALL are in line to receive severity. BUT... by the GRACE (mercy) of God... not all WILL. Discipline... is not severity, dear one. PUNISHMENT... is severity. Discipline... is training... so that one nevers NEEDS... severity/punishment. Should one FORGET one's training, however, and so REQUIRE severity/punishment... MERCY... can override such requirement. Because MERCY... is a MANIFESTATION of love... as is discipline. Severity/punishment, however, is not - it is merely a consequence for the action/conduct.

God is this Perfect Love, the Perfect Balance between mercy and severity.

The Most Holy One of Israel is love, dear one, in that He shows mercy... even to His enemies. As His Son taught us. He is even recorded to say that we PROVE ourselves sons of our Heavenly Father BY loving our enemies. We show this love by praying for... and forgiving. Not being severe with. You might, however, by trying to "create" this "God" by the one you see depicted in the OT. That is an error, however. You see God... by seeing Christ. Whom, may I ask, did HE act in severity with? Whom did HE punish? No one. Not even though who scourged him... who killed his friends... or who put him to death. Nope, he forgave every one of them... and did not go reviling... or returning evil... for evil.

When you lean too far one way or the other, love is distorted.

Again, I disagree, dear JO... as there is NO limit... to mercy. None. If there was... none of us could stand. Not one.

So, to answer your question, dear Shelby, I stand with Love. I bid YOU peace, truly.

Again, I sincerely apologize for offending you (which I stated at the start), truly, and for doing so here. But I cannot recant my message of TRUTH to you... previously or now. Rather, I encourage you to re-read Proverbs 9:7-9 to understand MY intent... and forgive me, again, for offending you.

The greatest of love and peace to you, dear Journey-On, truly!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• journey-on
    journey-on

I am constantly amazed at the variety of opinions and perspectives presented here on this board. I think so many of our differences are simply misunderstandings of the way we choose our words to present our viewpoints.

Shelby, my dear dear "teacher", your clarity is truly inspiring. I may have chosen vague polarities when using the words "mercy" and "severity/discipline", and in my error, lo and behold, you come back with firm yet gentle chastisement and correction. Thank you. I have taken it to heart and appreciate your wisdom. (Although I still think Glenn Beck is a man of sincerity and honor, not focused on politics, but rather on bringing our country back into focus with the deeper wisdom of liberty and justice that was the original American experiment....just my opinion based on all I have read, heard, and watched, taken, not out of context, but as a body of work.)

• AGuest
    AGuest

[[MUAH!]] and {{{ }}} to you, dear Journey on! Thank YOU for forgiving ME... and, as always, the greatest of love and peace to you, dear one!

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ... both to time indefinite,

Shel

• beksbks
    beksbks
    But... I love to watch his show, to hear in the lefts own words, what they really think.

LOL!! Perfect. You watch his show to hear what the left really thinks. Priceless.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

What shows and websites do you watch, Beks? Enquiring minds would like to know.

BTS

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

After watching Becks rally yesterday I am sure he should have been a preacher. He missed his calling!!!

While listening to his sermon I was wondering how that all happened. What exactly was the permit for?

I could not help but think about Americans freely being there and the big lovefest going on and these are

probably the same people that have been bitching about the mosque two blocks from Ground Zero.

He sure did make good use of riding on the coats of MLK. The crowd was hardly the diversity of people that I saw when Obama was inaugurated as president.

His near breakdown when he was looking for the next 8 year old boy George Washington almost got me gut laughing.

These are a group of Americans that I don't have much identity with. But obviously there are lots of them and they contribute to our country greatly.

I found him hypocritical to be so "loving" after all the hate and division he puts out on his radio show and tv show.

He is so into himself it is disgusting.

I doubt very many JW's know who he is.

purps

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

beksbks

LOL!! Perfect. You watch his show to hear what the left really thinks. Priceless.

It's just like when you come here to hear what the JWs really think.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

It's ENTERTAINMENT folks! Nothing more.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

(Although I still think Glenn Beck is a man of sincerity and honor, not focused on politics, but rather on bringing our country back into focus with the deeper wisdom of liberty and justice that was the original American experiment....just my opinion based on all I have read, heard, and watched, taken, not out of context, but as a body of work.)

JO, with all respect, how do you reconcile the documented fact that Beck has been filmed (laughingly) putting vaporub into his eyes to simulate sincere tears of emotion? Does that not bother you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit