Glenn Beck

by will_the_apostate 157 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Barack Hussein OBama sold more than Snake Oil.....

• journey-on
    journey-on
    It takes one brilliant (Glenn Beck) Republican

Hey, Sam. You DO know Glenn is not a Republican. He is just as hard on them as he is the Dems. He's a conservative but with Libertarian leanings.

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

I know, I just threw that in for laughs. He's more of a Tea Party'er...

• StAnn
    StAnn

I have to go finish putting soup in the crock pot to cook overnight and then finish up the dishes. Then I'm going to take a shower and go to bed.

Nighty night, all.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    He is also Christian

Sigh. My political views aside (actually, I don't have any, and peace to you all!)... NONE of these characters... including Barak Obama... are "christians," and I really wish folks would stop throwing that term around as if simply belonging to a religion and/or owning a Bible makes one a "christian." It doesn't, any more than wearing a cross, saying the rosary, going to confession, or attending catechism (whether it was "good" or not) does.

And don't wait your posting limits with, "Yeah, well, how do YOU know, Shelby?"

'Cause YOU know. Or you should. Either way, I shouldn't have to tell you.

Again, peace to you... all.

A slave of Christ,

SA

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Glory Jee to Beezus! A Miracle on the Mall!

Brother Beck convinced 79,000 hapless souls to show up at his non-political, civil rights, march/rally, protest, prayer-meeting, revival, family picnic, fundraising, watermelon-eating contest,hoe-down, git-ty-hoop, tear-fest!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Surely Freedom Works and The Koch Brothers hepped!!!

• journey-on
    journey-on
    NONE of these characters... including Barak Obama... are "christians,"

Well, I can certainly agree with the last part of that statement. If I had to put money on what Obama is, I would say he's a closet atheist that is highly partial to the muslim "cause". Jeremiah Wright's church was the church where Obama and other activists met to do their community organizing (whatever that is). It was a gathering place for meetings and contacts.

When I say regarding Glenn Beck: "he is also Christian",I am not judging him. I'll leave that up to someone higher than me that can read the inner man. He considers himself such....and quite sincerely and deeply. What goes on between him and Him is not my business.

• journey-on
    journey-on

Officials do not make crowd estimates because they are unreliable and can be controversial, but event organizers put the number of attendees at 500,000; NBC News said it was closer to 300,000, but by any measure it was a large turnout. The crowd stretched from the Lincoln Memorial to the Washington Monument. ............NYTimes, Aug. 28, 2010

• AGuest
    AGuest

Ahh, dear JO... peace to you... and please forgive if I "offended" you, truly, so that you have gone in your heart where you have.

Well, I can certainly agree with the last part of that statement. If I had to put money on what Obama is, I would say he's a closet atheist that is highly partial to the muslim "cause".

I'm sorry - you can't judge Mr. Beck or read the inner man as respects him, but you CAN regarding Mr. Obama? How is this possible? Wouldn't the same Spirit that revealed to you as to one do the same as to the other? Forgive me, please, but I am not understanding how you can say both things in one post...

Jeremiah Wright's church was the church where Obama and other activists met to do their community organizing (whatever that is). It was a gathering place for meetings and contacts.

Quiet as kept, dear one, many churches are. And what was said in Mr. Wright's church has been... and is yet... said in MANY churches in this great country. It's just not taped and/or used against a presidential candidate. And if you think different are seriously fooling yourself. Not EVERY American citizen ascribes to the U.S. Marine "pecking order" of platoon... family... the Corp... God... Country. For some, God takes the highest position... even above patriotism. For a true "christian," that should also be the case... because the Body of Christ is not dependent upon man-made geographical boundaries.

But while we're on that subject, I am not sure what is wrong with a man who professess to be "christian" (although I also include him among the "characters" I mentioned earlier, so please don't get me wrong), speaking out... strongly... about a so-called "christian" country/military/administration... undertaking a war against its "enemies"... and doing so under all kinds of false pretenses... while calling itself "christian." WHERE, I ask you... IS the "christianity" in such a thing, given what Christ is recorded to say about such things? I mean, what, really, do you think Christ would have had to say about it... particularly to those who claim to belong to him? Do you not think he would have addressed the matter in same manner as he did the Judaic priests, scribes, and Pharisees who claimed to belong to God? I think I recall reading something about "WOE, to you... hypocrites" and not being able to flee Gehenna, etc.

Please, don't get me wrong, again - I realize that not everyone is a christian and so ascribes to that teaching. And that is absolutely their prerogative. But for someone TO call themselves such... and then turn around and do such a thing... return evil for evil... and go reviling when they've been reviling... particularly when that vengeance results in the death of innocent women, children, elderly, and sick/disabled... yet, call themselves "christians"... how can that be?? Where is the "christ" in such conduct? You want to go after your enemies... by all means, DO so. But doing it while calling oneself is "christian" is... a LIE. It cannot BE.

When I say regarding Glenn Beck: "he is also Christian", I am not judging him. I'll leave that up to someone higher than me that can read the inner man. He considers himself such....and quite sincerely and deeply. What goes on between him and Him is not my business.

Just as what goes on between you and the Most Holy One of Israel is not my business; however, it does nor preclude me from pointing out that, based on your comments here, you are showing yourself to be a hypocrite. Which I recall is a pretty weighty thing and so I am VERY sorry for that, for you, truly. However, what becomes of you as a result is not for ME... or any other human being... to judge. Nor do I judge you: to your own master you will stand or fall. I just hope you reread... and rethink about... what you've posted. So that you don't perhaps find yourself falling too far.

I bid you peace, truly.

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit