Glenn Beck

by will_the_apostate 157 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

The only comparable experience in my history is when I ran an employment placement agency in a rural area. It was truly eye-opening and demoralizing. I learned something about my fellow-man that was life-altering. I thought my 'clients' only needed a hand up, wanted to work, just needed an opportunity. I wanted the opportunity to help them. But after about a year, I realized that many (not all) of these people were severely ignorant and distanced from the reality of their situations.

Basically a parrallel to Beck adherents. The common deonominator? The disappointment, and demoralization I felt about my fellow man. How can people be so stupid - the man has basically told you and shown you that he is a charletan - and yet you still take him seriously?

• Sam Whiskey
    Sam Whiskey

Glenn Beck for President in 2012! That dude rocks!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Some journalists think Beck shouldn't have talked about God at the Lincoln Memorial.

Are these journalists racists, bigots or anti-Christian or do they just simply hate the Constitution and the 1st Amendment?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-2Dii4XT1Q

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Some journalists think Beck shouldn't have talked about God at the Lincoln Memorial.

The tone was too religious for my taste. However!

47 years before the Beck rally at the Lincoln Memorial; the immortal words of Martin Luther King at that very same memorial:

"Let freedom ring. And when this happens, and when we allow freedom ring—when we let it ring from every village and every hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that day when all of God's children—black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles, Protestants and Catholics—will be able to join hands and sing in the words of the old Negro spiritual: "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God Almighty, we are free at last!"

147 years before the Beck rally at the Lincoln Memorial, in the words of Lincoln himself:

“It is the duty of nations as well as of men to own their dependence upon the overruling power of God, and to confess their sins and transgressions in humble sorrow, yet with assured hope that genuine repentance will lead to mercy and pardon, and to recognize the sublime truth, announced in Holy Scripture, and proven by all history, that those nations only are blessed whose God is the Lord. And, insomuch as we know that by His divine law nations, like individuals, are subjected to punishments and chastisement in this world, may we not justly fear that the awful calamity of civil war which now desolates the land may be but a punishment inflicted upon us for our presumptuous sins, to the needful end of our national reformation as a whole people? We have been the recipients of the choicest bounties of Heaven; we have been preserved these many years in peace and prosperity; we have grown in numbers, wealth and power as no other nation has ever grown. But we have forgotten God. We have forgotten the gracious hand which has preserved us in peace and multiplied and enriched and strengthened us, and we have vainly imagined, in the deceitfulness of our hearts, that all these blessings were produced by some superior wisdom and virtue of our own. Intoxicated with unbroken success, we have become too self-sufficient to feel the necessity of redeeming and preserving grace, too proud to pray to the God that made us. It behooves us, then, to humble ourselves before the offended power, to confess our national sins and to pray for clemency and forgiveness.”

Inscribed on the Lincoln Memorial:

With malice toward none; with charity for all; with firmness in the right, as God gives us to see the right, let us strive on to finish the work we are in; to bind up the nation’s wounds; to care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan – to do all which may achieve and cherish a just and lasting peace, among ourselves, and with all nations.

And:

Both read the same Bible and pray to the same God, and each invokes His aid against the other. It may seem strange that any men should dare to ask a just God’s assistance in wringing their bread from the sweat of other men’s faces, but let us judge not, that we be not judged.

Are these journalists racists, bigots or anti-Christian or do they just simply hate the Constitution and the 1st Amendment?

All of the above.

Oikophobia.

BTS

• lisaBObeesa
    lisaBObeesa
    I can't wait to see Jon Stewart and Colbert this week on Glenn Becks rally!!!!!

I think they are both off for the week.

And on the topic of the tread, Glenn Beck is a huge fake. He's a charlatan. He's a money changer. A gold seller when gold is at it's top price in decades. A fear monger. A liar. A con artist. A rodeo clown.

He is here make you fear. Once you are in fear, he tells you HE has the answers. Just keep watching!

So you keep watching the show (his ratings go up=he makes more money) you buy his books (he gets more money), you buy gold from goldline at the highest prices in decades (he makes more money), you go see him on the 'Bold Fresh Tour' (he makes more money)

Anything scary suits his purposes: communist! terrorists! radicals! godless people! black presidents who hate white people! change! imaginary people trying to destroy the country! Convoluted conspiracy theories presented as fact!

He makes up lies to scare people. Then he tells people he has the answers. Then he takes their money.

JUST LIKE THE WTBTS.

• undercover
    undercover

Beck is not an idiot... he's very smart.

Shameless is what he is.

He knows that teabaggers and other gullible types are ripe for the picking so he constructs his message to appeal to them, increasing his ratings, his popularity and the sell of his books to these people.

He's laughing all the way to the bank.

And liberals are helping him by actually giving a shit about what he says. If they'd dismiss him with a wave of their hand and address real commentators and politicians, he'd have to rely on the ever fickle idiot mass to sustain his popularity. That's hard to do without an antogonist to drive him and keep them interested.

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

I still would like to know if he wears the magical sacred underpants, and if he has ever spoken about the underpants publicly.

I want to know if he is insane or not, and I need not consider any more evidence than the answer to my question above in order to draw a fairly safe conclusion.

If anyone knows I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

The Oracle

• B-Rock
  • miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Wow, thats lotta gullible people.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

It sounded about as boring as a JW convention.

Another similiarity: Everyone charged up by the promise of some momentous happening or announcement and instead they sit through a bunch of tiresome speeches.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit