Bethel Rules

by brotherdan 194 Replies latest jw experiences

• life is to short
    life is to short

maninthemiddle

At Bethel it is very hard to stand up for yourself. Especially for woman and if the husband did come to his wife's aid unless he is one of the heavy's the couple would be asked to leave. So you truly are stuck. My husband worked at 360 and I worked at 90 Sands way apart from each other so he never saw any of the bullying by the overseers I was going through, finally it got really bad one day with one of the Brothers totally yelling at me and I just totally lost it I called my husband up and we went to talk to Max Larson what a joke all of a sudden Max could not talk just mumbled, I explained to Max what was happening to me with my overseers and he mumbled so that neither my husband or I could understand him we kept asking him to repeat himself and just kept mumbling it was so strange but I got transfused to the window shop at 360 and shortly after that we were asked to leave. We gave up so much to go to Bethel I was so hurt by the way we were treated.

It was funny in a sick way the way Max mumbled to us as he conducted morning worship just fine and never mumbled. I am so bitter at what they took from us.

LITS

• life is to short
    life is to short

I also know that no one forced us to go to Bethel but I believed this was the "truth" I wanted to serve Jehovah the best way I could and give Him all of my youth. That is what I was feed and told all my life, if I gave Jehovah my youth my time he would never leave me. I thought Bethel was the best I could give to Jehovah, as he clearly did not want my pioneering. Yet even with all I went through at Bethel it still took me about 11 more years to truly learn that this is not the "truth'. I guess I am a really slow learner.

LITS

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

The drop out rate for Bethel varies by country. for richer countries like Australia and US the average stay was only about 2 years. However, in countries like Mexico the atmosphere is a lot nicers and the brothers live like kings compared to the homes they grew up in, and (from memory) the average stay was around the 8 year mark.

• Scott77
    Scott77
    Imagine signing away your life for a publishing company, and then being treated in such a fashion? That somehow, THEY aren't grateful to have your free slave labor, but that YOU are to be grateful for the "priviledge" of being there and offering your free slave labor. Now THAT is some fugged up shit right there!!!!
    WingCommander

I liked that statement in part. Let me also point out disturbing observation when I visited Bethel in 2004. I noticed black guys ironing clothing. All were wearing tie as if in Kingdom Halls. The room was so hot. I decided never to visit again this place (Peterson). It did not merit a second visit. Scott77
  • WingCommander
    WingCommander

To who quoted me above, you like that aye?

To LITS: I'm sorry you had to go through that physical and emotional ABUSE, and that is what it was. No way could a man get away with that out in the "world", but I guess it's allowed in God's "Spiritual Paradise". If I were your husband, I would have found that overseer one night as he's coming back from his congregation duties (usually outside of Bethel) and he and my fist would have a nice long chat. Seriously, that guy wouldn't have been an overseer any longer because he would have been in traction. AND, as I stated, I would have done it somewhere outside of Bethel, where no one could see it, then when he regained the ability to talk and accused me of beating him up and they form a JC, I'd ask where the second witness was to these false accussations? Case closed. Hahahahaha!! No way would I allow my wife to be treated in such a fashion.

Reading all of these experiences has truly showed what for a hell on earth Bethel is. Like I said before, imagine living in the New Order like this? Truly, the Pharoahs have returned!! Crack that whip!!!!!

What a con, what a phony facade!! The tour groups see nice clean offices and buildings, but they know nothing of the real working conditions in this prison-like, controlled, slave-labor type existance. Damn, I am truly grateful I never sought to go there, but then again, I grew up around these hypocrites and I had ZERO desire to spend my life in a placed FILLED to the brim with them!! And I thought this way as a born-in, still believing kid!!! Haha!!!

- Wing Commander

• Scott77
    Scott77

Yeah, wing commander, that was so beautful a point from you. I liked it so much and thank you for stating it. I do not know why my comments were not put down below that thread. I think it was wierd this time.

• Ding
    Ding

I had no idea things were that oppressive at Bethel.

It must have gagged you all to read all the "love in God's organization" and "undeserved kindness" references in the Watchtower.

I would think "dying at Armageddon" wouldn't seem all that frightening an alternative.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Bethel`s Undefeated..

Underware Wrestling Champion..

........................ ...OUTLAW

• wasblind
    wasblind

He's back y'all, the Outlaw is back

• ziddina
    ziddina

OUTLAW!!!

"Joey, you ever.. seen a grown man naked?"