Bethel Rules

by brotherdan 194 Replies latest jw experiences

• MissFit
    MissFit

Thanks for resurrecting this thread. What an eye opener.

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

We were told we could not VISIT bethel in jeans and sneakers.....5 years later the same thing happened and I did wear running shoes and no tie...a sister visiting told my wife I was not dressed well for bethel...at that stage I did not care F##@ her.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I am from Australia, and since I was a child have always wanted to visit Brooklyn Bethel. In 1995 I got my wish.

Do not think that Bethel is fooling visitors, or at least not me. I had never experienced such an uncomfortable day, the whole place from the administration building to the factory, residences, everything seemed far removed from what I imagined to be Jehovah's organisation. When I was at the admin section, a sister took me to the first floor to see where the art department was. We rode in an elevator with an elderly bald man, who I suspected was of the GB. I was given the impression that I was not to speak to him as it may be seen as sucking up to someone important. There was no doubt in my mind that whoever he was he was more important than me or most others. The guide sister and I got out at the first floor and he then proceeded to put a PIN number into a PIN pad in the lift, so that he could go up further to where the GB spend their day and not be followed by the unworthy.

The whole day was an eye opener to me in all the wrong ways. I was never very spiritually minded, I was born into the Jdubs and just went with the flow all my life, I was 32 when I visited Bethel and unmarried. I also felt a feeling that people thought I was husband hunting by taking a trip to the U.S. and visiting Bethel and a congregation. I was not, in fact I was quite contented as I was.

After the holiday, I returned to Australia and started slacking off or fading, very gradually. I did not tell anyone at the time what I felt about Bethel, as it is not what they wanted to hear. My parents were surprised as they thought a visit to Bethel might make me more enthusiastic for the truth, not less so.

So do not feel that everyone who visits is fooled by the family atmosphere and the spirituality. Just for the record, I live a 2 hour drive from the Australian Bethel, and have never been there once.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Awake at last, Welcome! Interesting story.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

belbab, do you know where saltpeter comes from? Bat Guano ( guano is spanish for poop)

It's used in gunpowder etc, but I have heard of the old wives tale of reduced libido. Snopes says it's not true. But if anyone believed it and did try to doctor up food with it. OMG.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit