Bethel Rules

by brotherdan 194 Replies latest jw experiences

• pirata
    pirata
    nasal

nasal?

• Borgdrone
    Borgdrone

Rule #11 is one I never about. Now why can't you both make noise when its half the fun? LOL

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All those stupid rules, and to think the witlesses were continually hounding me to go to Beth Hell. A rule for everything! And they structure it so leaving will pose a major hardship on the one leaving.

I have a hard time with rules beyond "No initiatory force, threats of force, or fraud". The rules on this forum are relatively easy to abide by--most of the time (which is not good enough for Beth Hell). But, having to dress up just to cross a damn street--why? And what a complete waste of time and dry cleaning money!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

At Bethel, fear and intimidation are used to motivate brothers. Similar to what happens in many congregations, except on steroids and non-stop.

• VM44
    VM44

Does anyone know if the complete "Dwelling Together in Unity" book is online?

• sherah
    sherah

Bumping for...

VM44 - Does anyone know if the complete "Dwelling Together in Unity" book is online?
  • St George of England
    St George of England

I think the booklet you are looking for is:

http://www.strictlygenteel.co.uk/booklets/preaching.html

Was this not a forerunner to the Organized book? It's name changed with different editions if I remember correctly.

George

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Queequeg said:

Only two flipping pieces of pizza on pizza night

Was that rule for everybody, even the hungry young teenage boys? That's disgusting.

Hopscotch

PS - Welcome to the forum Queequeg - looking forward to hearing more from you

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

This is a great thread!! Thank you so much everyone for your interesting stories! Was anyone around during September 11, 2001?

• zoiks
    zoiks

RebeccaChi - do a search on the threads pertaining to that date. There are some very telling stories from people who were there(by both JW supporters and detractors). It was not the society's moment to shine, for sure.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit