Bethel Rules

by brotherdan 194 Replies latest jw experiences

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Roommates must sleep in separate beds, but head-to-toe. I never did understand that one.

• wasblind
    wasblind

And they have the nerve to ask young people

to make that their goal after graduation

• elderelite
    elderelite

dont forget you had to PAY for the damn AC!!!!!!

also to clarify the elevatior rule was you couldn't use it to go below the 6th floor. So 6th floor and down you walked up. Damn it if my room wasn't on the sixth floor.

No shirts with logos ANYWHERE at any time (even off hours)

you went to work in ALL weather ALL the time.

You had to dress to go to all meals (shirt and tie) no matter what your job was. So you showered and changed min three times a day.

you had to dresses to WALK to work (shirt and tie)

If you didn't go to work because you were sick they called you ALL DAY LONG. Litterally ten times in an eight hour day. It was worse than going to work.

They frowned on you having a TV in your room

• cult classic
    cult classic

only 3 items on your dresser

no decorations on the floor

I don't remember a rule about the elevator.

"I always loved the summer months at Bethel, because of "Open Sleeping". " LOL LWT

Our housekeeper always went through my things. She would call and ask me to borrow my stuff. I liked her so I let her get away with it but WTF??

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

No rollerblading in Brooklyn Heights.

Brooklyn Bethelites were forbidden to own bicycles.

• moshe
    moshe

I know that I couldn't have lasted a week at Bethel. I had the application and a verbal Ok to apply when they needed trades badly 30 some years ago. I got a bad feeling just reading the application- I never sent it in, even after the CO encouraged me six months later to apply.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    I know that I couldn't have lasted a week at Bethel.

MOST of us would have left after one week. However, we'd already agreed to stay for ONE YEAR. The only way to leave prior to that one year was to leave in total shame (in the eyes of the congregation).

• wasblind
    wasblind

" I got a bad feeling just reading the application- "

You felt right Moshe,you felt right

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I windsurfed one afternoon on the Bethel dam in Australia. I was a waiter, so got to finish work before everyone else, and was windsurfing whilst most Bethelites were still working. I soon found out there was an unwritten rule against windsurfing on Watchtower property.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

This thread has already reached classic status in my opinion. I'm not the type of guy that does well under pressure or somebody on a power trip telling me what to do. One of those housekeepers going through my stuff, I would have smacked flames out of her. The table head directs which way the food is passed? GTFOH!! LOL No licking your fingers with BBQ Ribs? C'mon. I would have been diplomatic and wiped my hands clean with a paper towel, and then look at the table head as I licked the paper towel. Just for emphasis, I would have licked it real perverted so that he would think I'm a homo making a pass at him. You have to go to every morning worship? I get up when I want to get up. No shirts with logos? What about the crocodile logo on polo shirts?

What a bunch of power tripping cowards. If those planes would have hit Bethel on 9/11, I wouldn't have shed one tear.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit