When Was The Last Time You Went To A Meeting?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

I think it's been around 7 years for me. And I NEVER EVER missed going or being with the "friends".

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

• minimus
    minimus

Did this site help you from returning??

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

November of 2005. A streak I'm rather proud of.

• Essan
    Essan

Circuit assembly in 2004, I think. It was almost unbearable. I felt like vomiting every time they spoke of the "Faithful Slave" and the Governing Body interchangeably (which isn't even the Society's own teaching, half the time) and when they continually pushed the mantra "Obey the Slave", "Obey the Governing Body", "The Slave says in the Watchtower" (No, the mostly non-anointed Writing Committee 'says in the Watchtower').

I saw though the constant fear mongering and manipulative attempts to enforce strict unquestioning obedience to the Organization - in fact, they barely said anything else.

I couldn't stomach any more after that.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

Went to the memorial this year. Before that was around xmas 2008 when i was visiting my parents. Last time I went voluntarily was about October 2008.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

1989, the memorial.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

2006 memorial

Congrats MrsJones on 21 years!

• cantleave
    cantleave

March 2nd 2010

• minimus
    minimus

At the end of my days as an elder, I HATED giving talks and would cancel them quite easily especially if the talk was counsel that was geared to reprimanding the flock. I hated judicial meetings too because I knew I was no better than anyone else!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit