When Was The Last Time You Went To A Meeting?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

CONGRATS to any new defectors!!!

• sabastious
    sabastious

2010 Memorial.

-Sab

• blondie
    blondie

At a circuit assembly in 2001, only Saturday...never been back even for wedding, funeral, or memorial. At the assembly they said:

1) we are to be like baby elephants tied to a stake that learn never to go beyond the rope even when they are adult elephants capable of pulling up the stake.

2) that sister with unbelieving husbands are kissing a corpse

3) that Jesus would never pick up a dirty penny, only a nice shiny quarter.

• Scully
    Scully

A wedding in the mid 90s. Had it not been a family member, I never would have gone.

• undercover
    undercover

I usually go to the memorial. Not every time but usually. I managed to miss two or three years in a row but then went again the last couple years.

It's one hour a year and it keeps peace. No big deal. I look at it sorta like going to a Catholic or Greek Orthodox service (which I've done). Don't believe any of it, but going to that special event was easier than trying to explain why I don't accept their brand of superstition and didn't need it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Well, since we're counting funerals- January of last year, for my brother-in-law.

• Nowman
    Nowman

October 1992

Nikki

• minimus
    minimus

Going to the Memorial gives THEM hope.

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

From 2000-2003.....probably less than a dozen times. That was after I read COC. Last meeting after quite a long hiatas was memorial of 2003 because of guilt feelings. Haven't been back since and do not intend to. No more guilt whatsoever!

HappyDad

• pirata
    pirata

I still go to the meetings.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit