When Was The Last Time You Went To A Meeting?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

Two days ago

• MMXIV
    MMXIV

2006 memorial out of respect for family. I was not really expected to show but was feeling brave enough. Quite surreal as hadn't been to a meeting for quite while. I recall easily falling back into the old patter with anyone I knew who spoke to me - being friendly, smiling a lot. I was having a great life and very successful so was gonna make damn sure I didn't look like the "depressed soul" they tended to think of me towards the end of my fade.

As ever, what was said from the platform went in one ear and out the next. I wouldn't have an issue with going to a meeting once every 5 or 10 years (where I didn't know anyone) purely to remind myself of what I've gone through and how nuts it was. I won't because I don't have and new song book or literature.

MMXIV

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Last time in FS was November 1988. Very infrequently attended meetings for probably another twelve months until telling the elders to shove their 'truth' up their arses sometime in the early 90's (exact date is still being investigated).

The very thought of going to a meeting chills me to the bones and turns my stomach. As has been stated previously - I would need to be either dead or in a coma to get me into one of those 'houses of depression'.

Cheeses. Who wishes the jws no good at all. Ever.

• inbetween
    inbetween

XPeterX - me too, 2 days ago...

• wobble
    wobble

I went to the TMS/SM a couple of days after the memorial in 2008.

I walked out , never to go back.

I will not go again, unless to the wedding or funeral of a close family member, even then ,that will be hard, like Cheeses, it fills me with nausea, just the thought.

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

would be july 2008 but i did go to the 2009 Memorial... went from 100% of all the meetings to none!!! love it

• R.F.
    R.F.

July 2007. Was a TMS/Service meeting. The meeting I had with the elders afterward sealed the deal for me to never go back again.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

7.33 years ago. I don't miss it. I can sleep much more comfortably at home, and I don't have to wear a suit to do it.

W

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

march 2009

• minimus
    minimus

....it seems soooooo long ago....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit