When Was The Last Time You Went To A Meeting?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I think Oct 2009 was my last. I just went because my JW fam was in town and of course wanted to go. I was still mentally in then though. I have not been one time since my awakening. The 2010 memorial I took a stand and was like nope, not going. My sister was like even if you don't like the religion anymore Jesus still died, etc. That's when I told her that I didn't believe in god or jesus anymore so I really had no reason to go. It's funny cause after all of that my sister ended up not going- she was like "f- it, I'm too tired."

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

Fall, 2001

Before that, June 1999

Before that, 99.5% attendance for 9 years.

No fade for me. I jumped out, pretty much. The 2001 thing was just a promise to a so-called friend. I keep my word as best as I can, so I went. I felt super-uncomfortable. Very strange.

• minimus
    minimus

I faded while I was at the end of my years as an elder. I started missing meetings a bit more than usual and blame it on work. I waited until summertime when I knew many elders were on vacation as was the custom in my Hall and I simply never went back.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I killed my 3 month streak this past Sunday. I had to do it to keep peace since the folks are visiting (still). I found out I have a talk tonight. Won't be going though! But I feel sick that I went on Sunday.

• minimus
    minimus

It's ok. You're a good Soldier.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    1) we are to be like baby elephants tied to a stake that learn never to go beyond the rope even when they are adult elephants capable of pulling up the stake.
    2) that sister with unbelieving husbands are kissing a corpse
    3) that Jesus would never pick up a dirty penny, only a nice shiny quarter.

I could see how you wouldn't go back after hearing that. How could you listen to number one and not feel like you are in a cult. What exactly was number 3 supposed to mean? And once again they are trying to speak for others, how do they know whether jesus would pick up a dirty penny or not?

• Eiben Scrood
    Eiben Scrood

I went to the Memorial this year. I'm not sure about next year. The only reason I would go is that I do feel it's a small way of acknowledging the value of Jesus' sacrifice.

One of the last circuit assemblies I went to was one in which meeting the national average in field service was constantly emphasized. It just sickened me. It wasn't about love or Christianity, it was all about statistics.

• Little Imp
    Little Imp

November 2008

LI

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

I'm with Serenity too, what in the world does #3 mean Blondie? To add, I would have left too after hearing that bullshit.

• FreeAtLast1914
    FreeAtLast1914

About 4 years now. It was a Sunday meeting. I was by myself, already completely mentally out but still going occasionally to keep the family's guard down. But I only stayed for the first 15 minutes of the Public Talk. By then I had heard enough BS. I looked around and felt sorry for all those people sitting there, blind and begging for something they'd never have.

I got up and walk out, drove to the nearest book store, stayed there until enough time had passed no one would be suspicious I'd left, and returned to my mom's house. It was a great day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit