When Was The Last Time You Went To A Meeting?

by minimus 74 Replies latest jw friends

• no more kool aid
    no more kool aid

May 2008, I think it was the first Sunday. Not one meeting, funeral, wedding or memorial since! Total liberation!! NMKA

• Think About It
    Think About It

Last meeting was Sept or Oct 1995. Have not read anything WT related since either.

Think About It

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!
    Have not read anything WT related since either.

I wish I could say that. Thanks to this site I read more Wt crap than I did when I was in!

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I wish I could say that. Thanks to this site I read more Wt crap than I did when I was in!

In that case, I guess I've read a few WTS publication excerpts here & there on this site. All that seems like such as lifetime ago.

Think About It

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Sometime in 1979, the last time I attended anything related to the JWS was a summer district assembly where my girlfriend at the time was

interested what my family believed and what I was brought up in all my life, her comment walking out at the end as we were walking back to

the car was " That was pure bullshit ! " .

I was little stunned by her comments but realized latter that she was probably right.

• Woody22
    Woody22

Last one was Jan.1980

• flipper
    flipper

Almost 7 years for me as well. December 2003 was my last meeting

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

My memory is 1973 Memorial. I attended a funeral of a cousin in 1999. I thought I was far enough out that it wouldn't bother me to go to the funeral the same as if I were at a Catholic wedding or something. I was wrong. I felt nauseous and like I wanted to run out of there screaming. I'll never go again.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

March 2010 for a Sunday meeting. Then attended the memorial. Prior to March, had only been to a few meetings the entire year.

• Robert7
    Robert7

Mine was the meeting in 2008 where they announced the book study change on a Sunday. I only went to verify what I've read on JWD for months ahead of time. Never been since.

So about 2 1/2 years now!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit