WHO ARE THE FALSE PROPHETS TODAY?

by Dogpatch 270 Replies latest jw friends

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Very well put Essan.

I second that. Talk about getting owned. I have a strange feeling Debator(Reniaia) won't be popping back into this thread.

• wasblind
    wasblind

JWoods said: "One might ask the question - if they were NOT claiming to be inspired, then WHY were they making prophetic predictions on the end of days?"

That's right JWoods, because on page 242 in the Reasoning Book this is how the householders canned question reads about the 1914 generation.

"How do you know that some future generation won't fit the prophecyeven better than this one?"

If it wasn't a prophetic prediction ,why did they put the word prophecy in their canned question?

I'm gonna beat the hell out of them with the reasoning book while they still use it

• JWoods
    JWoods
    I have a strange feeling Debator(Reniaia) won't be popping back into this thread.

Hopefully, but don't be too sure. It was a very good post by Essan.

That's right JWoods, because on page 242 in the Reasoning Book this is how the householders canned question reads about the 1914 generation.
    "How do you know that some future generation won't fit the prophecyeven better than this one?"
    If it wasn't a prophetic prediction ,why did they put the word prophecy in their canned question?

Again an excellent point - they call it prophecy themselves. I did not know that was there - have not read any of their junk-literature since 1980.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wasblind, thank you very much for that. I never realized the WT lit called it a prophecy. LOL Members today try to say it wasn't a prophecy..simply a misunderstanding of something already recorded. Their own lit is so damning, isn't it?

• boyzone
    boyzone

Reniaa?? Is that you honey? Can't you just leave like you said you would?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Reniaa could not stay away, but didn't want to look silly since she said she was leaving to return to the org. So she came back under a different name but has given herself away by her dialect andreasoning.

• Essan
    Essan

"I second that. Talk about getting owned. I have a strange feeling Debator(Reniaia) won't be popping back into this thread."

I wouldn't bet on that, Miseryloveselders. Unfortunately, Debator is a type of JW I once never even dreamed could exist, when I was a JW. I thought that it was an organization which prized honesty, truth and integrity above all else and drew only members who felt the same. When I discovered that the Society itself was a liar a hypocrite and a fraud, I imagined that, surely, the rank and file JWs themselves must all be honest people who love truth and they are just deceived by manipulative men!

If only that were true.

At the time I simply couldn't conceive of there actually being JWs who really didn't care about truth and had no integrity and whose only concern was to appear to be right and to defend - and even attempt to enforce on others - their knowing choice to uphold fraud and hypocrisy, regardless of how unscriptural and spiritually debased they discovered their religion to be or their own arguments had to become to defend it.

Now - to my great shock - I know better. Many JW's are deceived, true. But some JW's are committed, willful deceivers and I consider Debator to be such, at least for now. If this thread doesn't expose that to readers then nothing will. The facts - Scriptural and historical - could not be more crystal clear and damning. And Debator simply doesn't care. Such people will twist and lie and appear to have no conscience in doing it. So don't expect people like that to be affected by the undeniable truth and so stay away.

It's shameful. IMO.

• sir82
    sir82

I dunno, 130 years of saying "the end is coming soon" pretty much meets the definition for me. No dates needed.

And you thought it was annoying to have a 4 hour "window" for the cable guy to show up! How'd you like a 130 year (and counting!) window?

• wasblind
    wasblind

Debator says:

" I present the above scripture deut 18:18-22 as proof for the one point of yours that agree makes a false prophet, that they need to claim they are inspired."

Again in the Reasoning Book under the heading of SPIRIT, definition #4 says "inspired utterances originating with an invisible source."

on page 380 it says you can be anointed with it, didn't some or all of the GB claim to be anointed?

Hey i didn't write this mess the WTS did.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Don't the GB claim to be spirit directed? in the definition under the heading of SPIRIT they used the word INSPIRED.

on page 380 in the Reasoning book

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit